Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of TigerDirect's cancelling a paid and confirmed July-4th-order?
That's okay with me. Companies have to look after profits. 1 5.26%
I don't know. I don't want to comment on this. 5 26.32%
That's really mean. I will never buy there again. 13 68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2007, 08:57 AM   #1
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
TigerDirect just CANCELLED my July-4th-order (Sony PRS500)

They really did it

I cannot believe it.

TigerDirect CONFIRMED my order of 3 units Sony PRS500 on July, 4th.

They received my money two weeks ago.

Lateron they CHANGED the price demanded from $99.99 to $249.99.

I sent them more than 15 emails. I spoke a dozen times to their agents.

Today they CANCELLED my order.

(I added the following text: )

ATTENTION: I wrote a NEW POST as TigerDirect finally "found" some Sonys for shipment after all !!!
Can be found here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=87

The same day my order was cancelled and I started this thread (but hours later) I got an email (quoted in the NEW POST) from a TD manager who apologized and finally found Sonys for shipment to me...

Last edited by Clemenseken; 07-24-2007 at 04:29 AM.
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
did they give you a refund?
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2007, 11:53 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
WOW! That's nasty. If they took your money, they should send you the product. It's their mistake and they did take your money.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
Arek_W
Connoisseur
Arek_W began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, ASUS N636
aren't they breaching a purchase contract? is it legal after confirming an order an receiving a payment to first change the price and than refuse the shipment? we need a lawyer on this forum . Hey, but you are in Germany so .... I guess you have done it from the US?
Arek_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
I'm wondering if anyone in the US had this problem, or if it was strictly a problem for customers outside the US. I guess I'm still trying to understand just what the heck went on. If it really was a pricing mistake, they had plenty of time to stop the US orders as well, unless it just took them a week to figure out the goof.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2007, 12:30 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Clemenseken, did they take your money?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:09 PM   #7
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Clemenseken, did they take your money?
Hi JSWolf: they certainly TOOK my money - but then I had to wire transfer it to them and they MAY have sent it back already (takes 3-7 days to Europe...).

So in the beginning they DID TAKE IT and they've kept it for 2 weeks now.

In between I had some talks with "my" sales agent, Mr. Solo. At first everybody tried to convince me I HAD to pay $250. But there is my/their! "Confirmation" saying $99, isn't there?!!
I assume they wanted to wait until I lost interest in the whole affair...

And I must admit it's all very tiriesome ...
If there won't come some prince(ss in my case) on a white horse and kill the beast I will probably give up soon.
(Last two weeks varied from "dream come true" to "weltuntergang" - hope you understand some good "Germanisms" )
Old 07-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #8
Arek_W
Connoisseur
Arek_W began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, ASUS N636
I think they could refuse the sale anytime they wanted, its says that SONY Reader is only sold for the US market . It just sucks to behave that way.
Arek_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
Clemenseken
eWriter

A manager at TigerDirect just emailed me asking whether I still want my Sony(s) or would prefer a refund.

(Two hours before my order had been cancelled completely...)

I start to wonder if there is a hidden camera somewhere.

ATTENTION: I wrote a NEW POST as TigerDirect finally "found" some Sonys for shipment after all !!!
Can be found here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=87

Last edited by Clemenseken; 07-24-2007 at 04:27 AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:00 PM   #10
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
I would keep trying to push this matter up the corporate ladder. Perhaps you need to send a letter to their PR department or the CEO? I'd be mighty angry considering the amount of TD Readers that ended up getting posted on eBay and then to have yours cancelled. Keep pushing & good luck!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:57 AM   #11
Clemenseken
eWriter

Long awaited Sonys due on tomorrow !!!

UPDATE.0.9 alpha : an email "Ship Confirmation" arrived last night!
I found my Tracking Number at UPS site, called in Frankfurt and was told package will arrive Friday morning!
(07/26/07)
Old 07-26-2007, 12:12 PM   #12
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
We're crossing our fingers for you!...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:57 PM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemenseken View Post
Hi JSWolf: they certainly TOOK my money - but then I had to wire transfer it to them and they MAY have sent it back already (takes 3-7 days to Europe...).
Clemenseken, I hope it'll work out and you receive your Reader. Wiring money overseas is a PITA, not to mention the extra bank fees involved.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote