Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
TonytheBookworm
Addict
TonytheBookworm is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle 2, kindle 3, Kindle fire
how to remove Table of Contents at the end of news feed

How specifically would one remove the table of contents from the end of a news fetch? I went to the conversion>output options>mobi output (since i use a kindle and the default format is set to mobi) then i put a check in the do not add table of contents. That doesn't seem to do the trick though. Any idea how to resolve this for news feeds? Thanks.
TonytheBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'll have the next release turn off the inline toc if the output profile is Kindle.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
TonytheBookworm
Addict
TonytheBookworm is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle 2, kindle 3, Kindle fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'll have the next release turn off the inline toc if the output profile is Kindle.
Thanks. Hey one other thing if you don't mind. Would it be possible to include in the next release the ability to get weekday feeds, weekend feeds, and/or select more than one day for news feeds.
For instance one of the feeds I like to download doesn't update date on the weekends so I would love the ability to do a mon-fri on that feed. Then other feeds only update on the weekend so I would like get just sat and sunday. Then of course there are times when some of the feeds only update on tues and thrus and I would like to just get it on those days.

Just thought I would ask you about that. Thanks again for the hard work on this thing. You really do make reading a WHOLE LOT EASIER AND MORE FUN because I'm not limited to one source.
TonytheBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That would make the scheduler too complex. Instead just create custom recipes based on the builtin one and assign different day of the week schedules to easch one.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #5
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonytheBookworm View Post
How specifically would one remove the table of contents from the end of a news fetch? I went to the conversion>output options>mobi output (since i use a kindle and the default format is set to mobi) then i put a check in the do not add table of contents. That doesn't seem to do the trick though. Any idea how to resolve this for news feeds? Thanks.
Make sure that your selected output profile is 'Kindle' or 'Kindle DX' in Preferences|Common Options|Page setup.

IIRC the TOC is automatically removed from news feeds when output format is MOBI and output is Kindle|Kindle DX.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert