Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Unhappy U007 error updating K2i to 2.5.4

Hi guys,
I am trying to manually update my K2i from 2.5.3 to 2.5.4.
I downloaded the bin file from Amazon (the Free 3G version for Serial no. prefix B003), and copied it on Kindle's root folder.
When I run the update I am told the update was unsuccessful and I got error U007.
I have no hacks installed, and I did nothing to my Kindle beside upgrading it to 2.5.2 manually. It was then automathically upgraded to 2.5.3.

TIA for any hints.
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
SOLVED ! I found an advice on www.kindleboards.com. After i reset the Kindle I retried the update and this time it worked !
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Thank you for posting a link to the solution! This may help others having a similar problem!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #4
tirej
tirej began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2nd generation(B003 version)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordcrasher View Post
SOLVED ! I found an advice on www.kindleboards.com. After i reset the Kindle I retried the update and this time it worked !
pleas tell me how did you solve it. I have same problem in my kindle. From url that you gave I could not find any information(the site want me to be member but when trying is does not send verification email so being member results with unsuccessful try)
tirej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:24 PM   #5
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
I have the same problem and have never been able to solve it. I have reset the kindle several times and tried to update with no luck.
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2014, 11:20 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote