Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
ADE Viewing Usability?

How does the ADE viewer on PocketBook compare to the application on the PC? Usability - my primary interest? Feature differences? Customizable?

I am considering the Pocketbook 360 as my second eReader. My Kindle 2 was a XMas gift - and it is great for MobiPocket and Amazon eBooks.

I understand from reading on this forum that the FBReader on the PocketBook is much better. But, most of my reading material comes from the Public Library via Overdrive.com.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
Don't know about ADE, but just looked at overdrive.com since I would like to get a library card for ebooks. I learned in another thread that the Philadelphia Public Library issues cards for a small fee to non-residents (I live in Germany). Do you need a card for overdrive.com, and do you know of another public library that issues cards to non-residents?
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 02:33 AM   #3
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
Yes, a card and PIN number are needed. Overdrive is the private company that provides the eBook (and other) services to many Public Libraries in the US, Canada, and many other countries.

My Public Library, Seattle, will allow visitors from anywhere to sign up for a short term library account at a reasonable cost. But, you have to visit the library in person. And it allows residents of Washington State to buy into the Seattle system for $US85 per year. But, no general non-resident services exists for the Seattle Public Library.

We need an eBook rental service like NetFlix or BlockBuster for videos. I don't want to own most eBooks. And the current DRM and lack of lending or reselling rights just reinforces this.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:13 AM   #4
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
I'm a neophyte but apparently the Philadelphia Public Library does issue non-resident cards for an annual fee, and they seem to have a fairly large selection of ebooks: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79848.
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote