Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

View Poll Results: Readius: How much would you be willing to pay?
less than $300 43 58.11%
less than $500 26 35.14%
less than $700 5 6.76%
less than $900 0 0%
anything, I just want to be first to get it 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Readius: How much would you be willing to pay?

We have only a few hints what the official pricing might be. Some sources say it's going be more pricier than the Kindle Reader. Others mention something in the 600 euros range.

Anyhow, if you were to buy the Readius tomorrow, given what we know, how much would you be willing to pay realistically?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
The screen is too small in my opinion. I like the concept, but I'd rather see something that unfolded to an A4 or 8 1/2" x 11" size -- so the folded size would be around 9"x3".
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only way I'd own a Readius is if someone gave one to me. The problem is, I have a 505 and really, as things stand now, I cannot afford to purchase a Readius even if it was $200.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
I selected the Less then $500, as I figure, it would allow me to do most off the stuff I do on my smartphone, i.e. read, listen to music oh and make calls.

but that dependent upon how usable the interface is, especially for making calls, and reading and replying to SMS.

If its able to do that decently, then would say would be well worth the 500. if not, then I want a cheaper price.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I'd be more interested if the screen was at least the size of the Kindle or Sony. Smaller is definitely a big disadvantage for reading books.
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I wouldn't buy. Based on what I know now, I know I don't know enough to be enticed. This one is a wait and see.

Also since I have a Tungsten T5 which can be used for reading in a pinch, I'd rather go with something larger. My Kindle would be the middle sized and most often used. I might be able to adapt a larger reader for work, if it could handle html tables, pdfs and was in color for images.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:50 AM   #7
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
150 € is the max price I would pay for any of existing e-ink devices(250 € for Iliad).
lunohod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:22 AM   #8
Ceili
well, that didn't work
Ceili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
While I understand that the concept is truly amazing, the actuality doesn't seem to be all that exciting to me... I thought it would be, but after watching the vid... it just doesn't thrill me all that much, so I'd really not be willing to buy it at this point.

I'd want it bigger at least... and not so... not rudimentary but... I can't think of the word that is in my head (but refusing to travel down to my fingers) but, essentially, it's not all that, to me at least, so far.
Ceili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:45 AM   #9
klikklak
Connoisseur
klikklak doesn't litterklikklak doesn't litter

Device: nokia 770, PRS-500
I chose less than 500$, because I figured I could combine a phone upgrade and a replacement for my broken PRS-500 in one package. Phones are quite cheap now (6120 for 90€ new on ebay) and a prs-505 would cost 200€. so combined price would be a bit over 300€, if readius gets close to that, I'm willing to try it.
klikklak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!