Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
itm
itm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650R
Copy covers to Sony eReader?

I have a number of ePubs on a Sony PRS-650 which don't have a front cover (the cover thumbnail shows the first page of text). I can manually download covers in Calibre, but when I copy the ePubs back to the Sony device the covers don't show.
Is there any way of getting covers downloaded with Calibre to display on the Sony device?
itm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:30 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Simply adding the covers to calibre does not add them to the actual ebook file. You need to run a conversion to ensure the cover is embedded in the file.

Also, I am not sure if the Sony requires the books to first be deleted and then re-added to pick up a cover change.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 05:36 AM   #3
itm
itm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650R
I just tried the "convert books" option on a group of 4 of the problem books, then copied them back to the Sony, but the covers still don't appear (even though they are displayed in the Calibre library)
???
itm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by itm View Post
I just tried the "convert books" option on a group of 4 of the problem books, then copied them back to the Sony, but the covers still don't appear (even though they are displayed in the Calibre library)
???
I'm curious what the answers are to the below questions.
  1. What conversion did you run?
  2. Did you remove the books from your device before resending them?
  3. If you view the ePub with calibre's viewer is the new cover the first page of the book?
  4. Do the settings under Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugins for the Sony look correct?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Given you have a 650, look at the cover options in the device plugin (preferences, device plugins, Sony). There are three options controlling how and when covers are sent.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
every book I send to my sony 650 arrives with a cover thumbnail.

are you using calibre to add book to device ?

use calibre to manage the device library; don't use the sony software & don't do it manually - then all should work.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote