Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Quistopher
Enthusiast
Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NookColor CM7 7.0.3
Calibre Sync questions

Hi,

I have been using Calibre for about a month and after digging thru it I have a few questions. I think I will have to submit some enhancement tickets but I figured it can't hurt to try to post the questions first.

1. When syncing news/magazines to a device, they are removed from Calibre. Is there any way to automatically remove the old versions of those news/magazines ebooks from the device after the defined # of days?

2. When scheduling to download content is there any way to make it less the 24 hours, where the smallest until is 2 or 4 hours?

3. On a Nook Color, can I specify where Newspaper & Magazine ebooks are transfered to? Everything is dumped into Books, \My Files\Books\News. I was tinkering with manually moving the ebooks & their jpg cover to the Newspaper & Magazine folders. They then display just like the newspaper & magazine trials from B&N did, in those sections.

Thank you.

Quistopher
Quistopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1, 2: no, and enhancement tickets for them already exist

3: That would require modifications of the nook color driver. As I don't posses a nook color, I'm leery of doing something like that, but I'll be happy to accept a patch
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quistopher View Post
2. When scheduling to download content is there any way to make it less the 24 hours, where the smallest until is 2 or 4 hours?
The following is a work around.

You could create multiple copies of recipes and change the name of each

New York Times 4am
New York Times 8am
New York Times 12pm
New York Times 16pm
New York Times 20pm

Schedule each at the appropriate time.

If you choose to do this you must change the title name in the recipe (see attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	recipe.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	63838  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote