Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-13-2014, 05:14 AM   #61
takikura
Enthusiast
takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle sony reader boox 60
Hi

Have you installed Moon+Reader on your T61 or its relatives? I did and I cannot read texts in its menu. If I touch the menu, its text appears shortly and disappear again.
This problem may have the same cause of the problem related to Goldendict I decribed above. I have Android Kobo Glo based on Android version 2.3.4 but do not have these problems with this device. I had a similar Munu problem when I installed Alreader on my T61. Some of the texts on its menu were not readable. But setting its "E-ink adaptation" ON solved this problem. I cannot find similar setting on Moon+reader. This experience suggests that the cause of the problem with Goldendict may be related to text color used for displaying the results of words when it was called from other applications like Alreader, Moon reader etc. If the dictionary is used on its own, this problem of having the blank display screen does not exist and the results are shown like on the Kobo Glo. If I touch the blank display screen, the buttons for making fonts larger or smaller appears. This suggests that the texts are on the screen but they are invisible.
So far I did the followings;
1. Change the firmware to that of Icarus Illumina.
2. Factory reset
3. Re-installation of Goldendict
None of these affected the result.
I have two Android tablets and one Android phone. On these devices I do not have the same problem and the colour of the text in the result display is the same black whether Goldendict is used on its own or called from other applications.
I need to check whether these Menu and Goldendict problems are happening only on my T61. I would appreciate it very much, if you could let me know a good news that you are having the same problem.

Have a nice weekend
Takikura
takikura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #62
rdjack21
Zealot
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Well I went ahead and did it. I ordered a T62 today! Now I just have the long wait for it to get here
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #63
unattached
unattached began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus Illumina
Hello!

It has been reported, that Google Play Books does not work.

Could someone try different versions? (Maybe someone, who has the Play Store installed?)

Thanks!
unattached is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, eink, ereader, icarus