Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #1
devanshire
devanshire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Unhappy Mobi files showing under Docs on Kindle Fire HD

Hi there, I have been having a lot of trouble getting Mobi books to show up under the Books tab on my Kindle. I converted them all from epub using Calibre, and removed the [PDOC] tag completely but they are still showing under the Docs tab. This is the first time I've had this problem with Calibre, but it's also the first time I've used it on my Mac. I have even tried replacing the blank tag field with the [EBOK] tag but it's still not working. Any suggestions? Thanks!
devanshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The Kindle Fire will not show books in the Books tab unless there is an ASIN set -- regardless of the cdetype. (I believe you need both, actually.)

Install the [GUI Plugin] Quality Check and go to Fix ==> Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire.

These can help you find problem books:
Check Mobi ==> Check missing EBOK cdetype
Check Mobi ==> Check missing ASIN identifier
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:16 AM   #3
devanshire
devanshire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
THANK YOU SO MUCH! This worked like a charm! I have been pulling my hair out all day over this, you are my favorite person ever right now!!
devanshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #4
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The Kindle Fire will not show books in the Books tab unless there is an ASIN set -- regardless of the cdetype. (I believe you need both, actually.)
Does that apply to side-loaded documents as well? I ask because I have a ton of fanfiction that I sideloaded with a cover to my Fire and they all show up under Books just fine. I've never had an issue with them showing up in Docs unless I use the Send to Kindle email feature or I don't remove the PDOC tag (when side-loading).
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:09 AM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I find the easy way to get them in the books file is to convert them to AZW3 files then no problem.

Last edited by Barbara1955; 06-22-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle fire hd, mobi, [pdoc] tag