Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #46
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
I had thought I would want the 5.8, but after trying out the Android 1 as a tablet with a 3.7" screen for a while, I still think 4.2 would be too small, but I also think 5" is about all I want to carry around all the time as a second device along with my talk phone.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #47
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Holding the SMP5

Say Blossom and other SMP5 book readers or video watcher, or whatever; how do you hold your player while reading? It gets pretty tiresome for me.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #48
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Say Blossom and other SMP5 book readers or video watcher, or whatever; how do you hold your player while reading? It gets pretty tiresome for me.
I hold it in my palm, fingers griping the left side and thumb on right, hand tilted back. Sometimes I hold it at the bottom where the TPU case is. It's much easier to hold than my KF.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #49
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
I would just like to personally thank you for this post. I have the player 3.6 and was looking for just this very thing. Wonderful! <3<3<3
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:31 AM   #50
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Thanks for telling me that. I had no idea you could play wma on Ipods, and I can still get those on my Android if I download on Windows first right?
Yep, you sure can; and it's quicker than downloading it to an iOS device.

Correction: no you can't. Most Android devices don't support DRM WMA; including all of the Galaxy Players. I thought I did it once on my Galaxy Player, but it was an MP3 audiobook.

I rarely listen to audiobooks on my Galaxy Player, so I had forgotten that WMA books were a no go. My preferred devices for WMA are Sansa Clip Zip and iPod touch.

Sorry about the wrong info.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-11-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Edited to remove the word "Most"
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #51
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's not out yet. Sometime in the Spring was the rumor. 5.8 would be too big for me. Too close to a Kindle screen size.
If it were more 4:3... I think it's too elongated...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #52
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's not out yet. Sometime in the Spring was the rumor. 5.8 would be too big for me. Too close to a Kindle screen size.
Hi Blossom... how do you like reading a ebook on SGP5 vs. Kindle? is the screen size big enough?
Thanks,
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
Hi Blossom... how do you like reading a ebook on SGP5 vs. Kindle? is the screen size big enough?
Thanks,
Doug
I love reading on my little device. I use Mantano though not the Kindle app. I only use the Kindle app for syncing to my K4B. I bought a Cloud subscription for Mantano so it acts like a Kindle. Actually I think it acts better than Whispersync. I got the $10 a year plan and Mantano was $6.99 for the app. I'm very happy with my reading experience using this method. I still have the Kindle app to open and sync the places in my books so I can switch back and forth. I read on my SGP5, K4B and Kindle Fire. I use Mantano on both the SGP5 and the Kindle Fire.

For me the screen is the perfect size. I can hold the device in my hand and read where ever I want. My first eReader was 5" so it's what I prefer.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #54
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I love reading on my SGP5! I use Aldiko as my reader and I'm able to adjust the text size just right so that I can see it easily. I'm able to hold it in one hand and use the volume buttons to turn the pages.

I'm having a blast with mine, I love being able to slip it into my pocket and always having it within reach. My Sony is sitting forlorn probably until the weather gets nice then I will take it out to read while getting some sun.

Next on my list of things to get will be a 7 inch tablet.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #55
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Yep, you sure can; and it's quicker than downloading it to an iOS device.

Correction: no you can't. Most Android devices don't support DRM WMA; including all of the Galaxy Players. I thought I did it once on my Galaxy Player, but it was an MP3 audiobook.

I rarely listen to audiobooks on my Galaxy Player, so I had forgotten that WMA books were a no go. My preferred devices for WMA are Sansa Clip Zip and iPod touch.

Sorry about the wrong info.
That is too bad

But can't you use Overdrive App and load the drm wma on that?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #56
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the replies.. I have some questions on the apps you folks use, but I am tired and hitting the sack.. I will ask those questions when I am more alert.. but just wanted to say thanks so far..
Doug
Old 12-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #57
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousj View Post
I would just like to personally thank you for this post. I have the player 3.6 and was looking for just this very thing. Wonderful! <3<3<3
I agree I love MortPlayer Audiobook player. When you use the earbuds that come with the SMP5 it pauses and plays, etc. Audible App is suppose to do that, but it doesn't!

The sleep timer is great with Mort too. Next time I buy an app I will donate to this person that made this app. No ads, no irritations like some free apps have.

Last edited by new; 12-11-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #58
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
That is too bad

But can't you use Overdrive App and load the drm wma on that?
No can do. The OverDrive app is strictly EPUB and MP3 and Kindle.

WMA audiobooks from OverDrive require a Windows PC and a non-Android MP3 player (iPod, Sansa, Sony, etc). Here's a list of compatible devices. Filter your results by checking the Portable Devices and WMA boxes.

Your only option to get these books on your Galaxy Player is to break DRM and convert. That of course is not allowed to be discussed here at MobileRead, because it's highly unethical and illegal. You don't own the audiobook and have no right to violate the publisher's restrictions.

While most of the WMA audiobooks I've borrowed were compatible with my iPod touch, occasionally some weren't because the publisher wouldn't allow it. In those cases, I had to use my Clip+ or Clip Zip.

Bottom line - Windows PC and Clip Zip.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-12-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: removed "and Kindle"
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #59
MrDoug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I love reading on my SGP5! I use Aldiko as my reader and I'm able to adjust the text size just right so that I can see it easily. I'm able to hold it in one hand and use the volume buttons to turn the pages.

I'm having a blast with mine, I love being able to slip it into my pocket and always having it within reach. My Sony is sitting forlorn probably until the weather gets nice then I will take it out to read while getting some sun.

Next on my list of things to get will be a 7 inch tablet.
? .. when you turn the pages when reading on SGP5, do the bottom buttons light up each time? I heard they do but I think that may have been on a earlier model..
Thanks,
Doug
Old 12-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #60
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
No can do. The OverDrive app is strictly EPUB and MP3 and Kindle.

WMA audiobooks from OverDrive require a Windows PC and a non-Android MP3 player (iPod, Sansa, Sony, etc). Here's a list of compatible devices. Filter your results by checking the Portable Devices and WMA boxes.

Your only option to get these books on your Galaxy Player is to break DRM and convert. That of course is not allowed to be discussed here at MobileRead, because it's highly unethical and illegal. You don't own the audiobook and have no right to violate the publisher's restrictions.

While most of the WMA audiobooks I've borrowed were compatible with my iPod touch, occasionally some weren't because the publisher wouldn't allow it. In those cases, I had to use my Clip+ or Clip Zip.

Bottom line - Windows PC and Clip Zip.
Guess I will dust off the Clip Zip again. The last time I used the sleep timer it makes you set it each time you use it. I may have an older version. I have to get it setup to check firmware when I get the Windows setup. Or get a bigger Ipod Touch memory