Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #91
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
On some stories (not all) I get the following error:

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'parent'

Show Details:

calibre, version 0.8.37
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.dialo gs", line 241, in do_loop
IndexError: list index out of range

Help?
Old 02-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #92
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
You're the second person to report an error occurring on that line.

The only way I know to get that error is to click the plug in with no books selected (or choose 'Add New from URL(s)'), then *not* enter any URLs and click OK.

(Which is a case I should start checking for, but haven't yet.)

If you could start calibre in debug mode (calibre-debug -g) and post the debug output, that would be helpful.

Or if it happens consistently on the same stories, knowing the URLs for those stories would help me a lot.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #93
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
ETA: I updated the plugin (didn't realize it was one version out of date) and the "parent" error seems to have been fixed. Thank you!

Last edited by anesthezea; 02-09-2012 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Added new info
Old 02-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #94
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FanFictionDownLoader Version 1.4.0

Testing on this version has been finished.

I'm again looking for some people to beta test the attached newest version before I put it out for everyone.

This version contains:
  • New feature - Allow user to set custom CSS in personal.ini for HTML and EPUB output.
  • New feature - Allow user to set custom regular expressions in personal.ini to modify metadata.
  • New feature - Use Accept-Encoding=gzip to speed download. (Not sites will use it--it's common for sites to block gzip based on User-Agent.)
  • Add progress bars while collecting URLs from stories for list and for updates.

Here's an example of what the default output_css parameter for epub looks like:
Spoiler:
Code:
## output background color--only used by html and epub (and ignored in
## epub by many readers).  Included below in output_css--will be
## ignored if not in output_css.
background_color: ffffff

## Allow customization of CSS.  Make sure to keep at least one space
## at the start of each line and to escape % to %%.  Also need
## background_color to be in the same section, if included in CSS.
output_css: 
 body { background-color: #%(background_color)s;
        text-align: justify;
        margin: 2%%; }
 pre { font-size: x-small; }
 sml { font-size: small; }
 h1 { text-align: center; }
 h2 { text-align: center; }
 h3 { text-align: center; }
 h4 { text-align: center; }
 h5 { text-align: center; }
 h6 { text-align: center; }
 .CI {
     text-align:center;
     margin-top:0px;
     margin-bottom:0px;
     padding:0px;
     }
 .center   {text-align: center;}
 .cover    {text-align: center;}
 .full     {width: 100%%; }
 .quarter  {width: 25%%; }
 .smcap    {font-variant: small-caps;}
 .u        {text-decoration: underline;}
 .bold     {font-weight: bold;}

Here's an example of what some replace_metadata lines might look like.
Spoiler:
Code:
## Use regular expressions to find and replace (or remove) metadata.
## For example, you could change Sci-Fi=>SF, remove *-Centered tags,
## etc.  See http://docs.python.org/library/re.html (look for re.sub)
## for regexp details.
## Make sure to keep at least one space at the start of each line and
## to escape % to %%, if used.
replace_metadata:
 (.*)-Centered=>
 Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha=>Nanoha
 Puella Magi Madoka Magica.*=>Madoka
 (Friend)(ship)=>\2\1
 (.*)Great(.*)=>\1Moderate\2
 (?s)(.*)suck(.*)=>\1kcus\2
  • "(.*)-Centered=>" removes all Name-Centered tags entirely (TTH).
  • "Puella Magi Madoka Magica.* =>Madoka" changes ffnet's "Puella Magi Madoka Magica/魔法少女まどか★マギカ" to just Madoka.
  • "(Friend)(ship)=> \2\1" changes Friendship to shipFriend. Not useful, but demonstrates regular expression group substitution.
  • "(.*)Great(.*)=>\1Moderate\2" shows changing one word in the middle of a tag, such as a series name.
  • "(?s)(.*)suck(.*)=>\1kcus\2" (?s) tells the regexp engine to allow . to make newlines, too. Needed to affect many descriptions/summaries.
The replacement pattern must match the entire string for a piece of metadata to be changed. "Friend" will not match category "Friendship", but "F.*" will. Replacements are applied to all metadata, so be careful to be specific.

You can have different lists of replacements for different sites. One use could be to normalize the rating tags different sites use to all be the same.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-12-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 02-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #95
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
I love this plugin. Such a convenience to be able to load stories directly into calibre!

My only problem with it is that I seem to be getting some visible code on italics, elipses or dashes, and sometimes at the end of sentences. For example, on this story on AO3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/338120/chapters/547213.

Thank you so much for this wonderful plugin! I particularly like how it will grab an update on the latest chapter of a story without having to re-enter the story url. Brilliant.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #96
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@JaneD - Glad you like it.

Those "&#xA0;" etc entities showing up are from a bug in the downloader--thanks for pointing it out.

I'll have a fixed version up later this evening.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #97
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just reloaded the story and it works perfectly. Thank you for the quick reply and update!
Old 02-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #98
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
I love the feature that puts tags into custom columns, especially with FFN stories. However, I have recently noticed that not all of the characters are getting put into the correct column. Most of the stories will put the characters in, but any story that has Harry Potter as a category does not grab any characters. The characters do not get put into my tags either. I'm not sure if there is any other category having this problem.

Here is one of the urls that should have characters: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5930194/1/

Edit: Looking on my list of stories, I realized that all the stories that are not retrieving the characters are crossovers. Each story has to categories or fandoms. I do not know why the plugin is having trouble retrieving the character information with these stories, but it is not just stories in the Harry Potter category.

Last edited by Jade Aislin; 02-14-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #99
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Jade Aislin--The hoops I have to jump through to parse out characters on ffnet are significant. It doesn't surprise me that it was flawed.

But I think I have it figured out. Fix will be in the next version.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #100
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@Jade Aislin--The hoops I have to jump through to parse out characters on ffnet are significant. It doesn't surprise me that it was flawed.

But I think I have it figured out. Fix will be in the next version.
That's great. I really appreciate this feature and the effort you went through to make it as I don't need to pre-sort the stories by character.

Truthfully, I may not have noticed it if I hadn't been thinking about using the new feature that allows the user to edit metadata. I already tried it by modifying some long categories and some categories that have commas in them which made the pluging think there were two categories instead of one (ex: House, M.D.). It worked great, but I was thinking about using the feature to change the character based on the category so that it reads as category.character instead of just the character. Even if it can't be done, it's an easy matter to manually change the characters if I already have the character and categories.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #101
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
... but I was thinking about using the feature to change the character based on the category so that it reads as category.character instead of just the character. Even if it can't be done, it's an easy matter to manually change the characters if I already have the character and categories.
Crossover stories can have multiple categories, making it prohibitively difficult to do in the downloader.

So I think you're on your own for that one.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #102
85eren
85eren began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
I love this plugin. Thank you.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but none of the files I've downloaded using the plugin, have chapter breaks on the Locations bar on the bottom of the page, when I put them on the kindle.
What am I doing wrong?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #103
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85eren View Post
I love this plugin. Thank you.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but none of the files I've downloaded using the plugin, have chapter breaks on the Locations bar on the bottom of the page, when I put them on the kindle.
What am I doing wrong?
That is because mobi as a proprietary format needs to die in fire. Advise is to use epub, and then convert it to mobi using Calibre, then it sort of looks normal.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #104
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatheia View Post
That is because mobi as a proprietary format needs to die in fire.
Exactly!

I spent the better part of a week once trying to get those chapter marks to work in our mobi output and failed. I had removed mobi output support entirely at one point (before the plugin), but the web site users asked for it back, even if it is flawed.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #105
JaneD
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatheia View Post
That is because mobi as a proprietary format needs to die in fire. Advise is to use epub, and then convert it to mobi using Calibre, then it sort of looks normal.
This is what I do, and it looks perfect on my kindle, chapter breaks, TOC & all. Just remember to convert again every time you update a chapter!
Closed Thread