Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #16
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I've rebooted a few times with Go Launcher and the update installed -- no problems. I don't have the rotating wallpaper, though. I'm keeping Go Launcher and keeping my fingers crossed that your problem was caused by something else, because I like it SO much better than the Kindle bookshelves.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #17
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well I haven't been messing around with wallpapers much but I have with launchers and widgets. No problems after several restarts, I never put the KF to sleep or keep wifi on when I know there will be considerable down time.

I go to stock launcher a few times a week to clean up the carousel.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thanks I think we can say Go! is not culprit then. So it's either a bad update, Wallpaper change app or it was just it's time to crash. I was reading a 20 page thread on the Amazon's Kindle forum and it seems during Christmas many had this problem too...so who knows.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #19
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I get repeat notifications to update Go. I refuse every one.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I get repeat notifications to update Go. I refuse every one.
What version do you have?
Old 01-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #21
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
*phew* so happy to hear that! Do you have the wallpaper app installed?

Where did you get your Go! Launcher from?
I don't have the wallpaper app installed. I copied Go from my phone so I would bet that I got it from Android Market.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #22
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
If you never tried the overnight charge, you may have missed the solution. That process has fixed four of my devices at times.

When I had to return my Kindle Fire last month, I failed to try the overnight charge first. That was my mistake then.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
If you never tried the overnight charge, you may have missed the solution. That process has fixed four of my devices at times.

When I had to return my Kindle Fire last month, I failed to try the overnight charge first. That was my mistake then.
I always charge my Fire overnight. I woke up took the Kindle off the charger and unlock it. Battery was full and everything was fine. Played around on it and then restarted the KF and it never came back. Stays on the Kindle Fire logo. It is not a battery issue.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #24
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Aw, I'm sorry, Blossom. Stinks to lose your Angry Birds progress too. I'd be going through withdrawals too, I use my fire so much more than I ever thought I would. I'm glad CS are sending you another so quickly.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Aw, I'm sorry, Blossom. Stinks to lose your Angry Birds progress too. I'd be going through withdrawals too, I use my fire so much more than I ever thought I would. I'm glad CS are sending you another so quickly.
Thanks hon. I had just completed episode 4 I hope the replacement is just as good as this one was. I still don't know if it was Go! that caused it or something else. I suspect something else well I hope because I really like that app and am going to miss it.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #26
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Blossom
now I'm worried.
I have Go v2.75 on mine (recently updated over the existing one) from one of the alt app stores.
I also use the rotating wallpaper v1.6 and several go widgets.
I don't leave Go on all the time though and don't keep it as the default.
hope i don't have issues. So far so good. I'm pretty sure i rebooted at least once.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Blossom
now I'm worried.
I have Go v2.75 on mine (recently updated over the existing one) from one of the alt app stores.
I also use the rotating wallpaper v1.6 and several go widgets.
I don't leave Go on all the time though and don't keep it as the default.
hope i don't have issues. So far so good. I'm pretty sure i rebooted at least once.
I would restart just to make sure then if does I think you will be okay. It could just be a bad firmware update. I am trying to rule out Go! at least, I love that app!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #28
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Did the second 4 digits of your bricked KF show: B0A0?

Those were the second 4 digits of my bricked KF. My replacement KF shows for that field: C0A0
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Did the second 4 digits of your bricked KF show: B0A0?

Those were the second 4 digits of my bricked KF. My replacement KF shows for that field: C0A0
They are both Bs I don't think that will be an issue. My old still turns on you just never see past the Kindle Fire splash screen.

It's out for Delivery!
Old 01-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Thanks hon. I had just completed episode 4 I hope the replacement is just as good as this one was. I still don't know if it was Go! that caused it or something else. I suspect something else well I hope because I really like that app and am going to miss it.
It very well may have been something else. I'm personally afraid to use Go Launcher! LOL.

Yay for it being out for delivery!

Last edited by sparklemotion; 01-25-2012 at 01:05 PM.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote