Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
Pandigital Novel Tip

I've been trying out the Pandigital Novel for the past two days and at first my experience with it was one of rage and frustration because of the touchscreen not working properly.

This morning I started using a hard-tipped stylus and the difference is amazing. The stylus works soooo much better. I'm getting like a 95% response/accuracy rate using it. The only thing is a couple of keys on the keyboard aren't calibrating properly, but even the extremely small links in the browser are working good with it.

I'm not sure how good the stylus is going to be on the glass screen though . . . no scratches yet.
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-eBook-Reader View Post
I've been trying out the Pandigital Novel for the past two days and at first my experience with it was one of rage and frustration because of the touchscreen not working properly.

This morning I started using a hard-tipped stylus and the difference is amazing. The stylus works soooo much better. I'm getting like a 95% response/accuracy rate using it. The only thing is a couple of keys on the keyboard aren't calibrating properly, but even the extremely small links in the browser are working good with it.

I'm not sure how good the stylus is going to be on the glass screen though . . . no scratches yet.
I wonder if you can get screen protectors for screens this size? I've always bought them for all my electronics and like them.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
http://photodon.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

or read the thread about it at

http://www.slatedroid.com/pandigital...tal-novel.html
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
sashusmom
Enthusiast
sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iphone 3gs-(JB), asus 1000h, e-ink nook, libre pro, Wht PDN, Huawei s7
Wink PDN screen

Hi! The PDN screen is glass but it has a plastic layer over the sensors. This plastic layer will scratch. I got a screen protector after my first scratch. Once installed, the scratch was no longer visible. So yeah- any screen protector will work. I got one from photodon- a big one on sale and cut it down with an exacto knife. The cut edges don't go flush. So if anyone goes this route cover the whole screen into the black overlap edges, not just the working area. Then, it doesn't mater so much.
sashusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
zorah
Enthusiast
zorah is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad; iPhone; Asus T91MT; Kindle Touch
A little costly, but a custom fit! http://www.amazon.com/Lexerd-Pandigi.../dp/B003Y1205A
zorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #6
lamoe
Enthusiast
lamoe doesn't litterlamoe doesn't litter

Device: Pandigital Novel, Nextar T30, HTC EVO
I've always used a piece of plastic - no problems and cut end so it's a very narrow point - works great and you can recaibrate the screen to achive greater accuracy
lamoe is offline   Reply With Quote