Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Free Summer Classics e-books from BN

this should be alot of fun to watch over the summer.
Each week will have a different theme.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ebooks....asp?PID=34519
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Thanks. Can a mod put this sticky?
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Being discussed here...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90982
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
this should be alot of fun to watch over the summer.
Each week will have a different theme.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ebooks....asp?PID=34519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
Thanks. Can a mod put this sticky?
As far as I can see they're all books that have already been available for free from any number of places for a long time. In fact I just checked and every single one of the books on the page linked to is available from MobileRead (and, I wouldn't mind betting, better formatted).

No reason to sticky this!

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 07-16-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
As far as I can see they're all books that have already been available for free from any number of places for a long time. In fact I just checked and every single one of the books on the page linked to is available from MobileRead (and, I wouldn't mind betting, better formatted).

actually these are all edited for errors and proofread and have notes, introductions, footnotes etc. . so these aren't your basic freebie classics you find all over the web.

Last edited by boswd; 07-16-2010 at 09:50 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2010, 02:42 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post

Where can I download them with the introduction, footnotes, annotations, etc, that the B&N editions have, please?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:29 AM   #7
Goshzilla
Zealot
Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket Ebook 1150
It's a shame they aren't offering any free ebooks where the original footnotes are necessary. Translations of Dante's Divine Comedy, or Sir Richard Burton's translations of Thousand Nights and a Night(a.k.a. Arabian Nights).

That said, I'd pay the small 1.99 fee for them.
Goshzilla is offline   Reply With Quote