Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
vg89
vg89 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Hangs

Dear sir/madam,
It appears that the sony prs 505 continually hangs and on checking the disk using chkdsk it appears that the database folder is corrupt.

I cannot run chkdsk /f as it states that the folder is in use by another app.

Any ideas as to how fix this or reformat / reinstall the complete system please?

Thanks
vg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
You can refomat from the device itself... under Advanced there is an option to reformat but it will wipe the reader of content
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
thafrogggg
Rabid Book Weasel
thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Acer Iconia A500 Tablet (lovin' it!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vg89 View Post
Dear sir/madam,
It appears that the sony prs 505 continually hangs and on checking the disk using chkdsk it appears that the database folder is corrupt.

I cannot run chkdsk /f as it states that the folder is in use by another app.

Any ideas as to how fix this or reformat / reinstall the complete system please?

Thanks
I have had windows ask to scan my reader memory before and I never let it.

If you are not having any problems getting books onto your reader or in using the reader, then I would not worry about letting chkdsk look at the memory.

If you still want to run chkdsk, then make sure that your ebook apps, e.g., SOny, Caliber or whatever you are using are closed down. That mey be the reason you get the error.

Last edited by thafrogggg; 06-09-2010 at 09:30 AM.
thafrogggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
vg89

sincere thanks for postings thus far - unfortunately I cannot access the menus - the screen hangs on "setting up" phase and never makes it to the menus
Old 06-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
vg89

all fixed the issue by:

a) using mac os dsk utility i verified and repaired the sony disk
b) reassembled the folders as database folder had moved
c) deleted some corrupted files to trash and force trashed the items

thanks all
Advert