Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
edent
Enthusiast
edent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Likebook Ares, Kindle 3G, Nook STR, 511eb
Can't Update NST Glow

I've got a Nook STR GlowLight. It's currently on 1.2.0.

I'm trying to update it to 1.3.1 - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/soft...ght/379004086/

I've attached it to WiFi and left it on charge, but it didn't get the update pushed to it.

I've stuck the update ZIP file in the root directory of the Nook - but again, it doesn't update.

Weirdly, after rebooting the Nook, the .zip file had vanished.

I've reset and re-registered the device - but all to no avail.

Any idea what I can do to force this update?
edent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
edent
Enthusiast
edent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Ah! Because *that* file is for the Nook GlowLight. I need 1.2.1 which is for the Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Soft...uch/379003175/

Not confusing at all....

That said, the 1.2.1 update doesn't appear to be taking either...
Advert
Old 08-06-2014, 01:33 AM   #3
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
If I remember correctly you also need to have the right version of the update. Meaning either the US or UK version, depending on what your current version is. What happens otherwise, if I remember right, is that it doesn't 'take'.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:32 AM   #4
edent
Enthusiast

Any idea where I'd find the UK version?
Old 08-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
http://www.nook.com/gb/support/nook-...ftware-updates

Try here
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
firmware, update