Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
Kobo Glo is soooo slow.....

I quite the Kobo Glo....it's a perfectly competent ereader in many ways, but why oh why, is it sooooo slow? Trying to type anything on the virtual keyboard or access settings is like wading through treacle and even turning pages takes a second or so.......Kindles don't have this problem....The Glo is the next generation of Kobo hardware, it should be faster than the Touch not slower!
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
If you are finding yours that slow, take it back and get a new one. The KGlo's are NOT slow. The only thing I find slow about mine is when it first boots up. Page turns and typing on the keyboard are actually quite fast.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
If you are finding yours that slow, take it back and get a new one. The KGlo's are NOT slow. The only thing I find slow about mine is when it first boots up. Page turns and typing on the keyboard are actually quite fast.
But surely it would be a software problem, not a hardware one?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronpaterson View Post
But surely it would be a software problem, not a hardware one?
Well what firmware are you on? I've got 2.1.5. All my books are sideloaded epubs on a 16G Sandisk Micro SD card.

Other than telling us yours is slow and no other information makes it hard to help out with suggestions. I haven't seen anyone else reporting their Glo is slow like you are saying yours is. Was it slow when you bought it? What steps have you taken to fix said slowness? Have you made sure you have the latest firmware (2.1.5 if NOT in Japan)? Have you tried the 2.2.1 firmware (not recommended by Kobo)? Are you using sideloaded epubs? Are you using a Micro SD card? If so what brand. Have you reading without the card?

I mean you saying it's slow is like a baby sitting in the middle of the room crying. Does it need a diaper change, got gas, needs feeding, thirsty, tired? In other words we need more information before serious help can come your way.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #5
junobeach
junobeach has a spectacular aura aboutjunobeach has a spectacular aura aboutjunobeach has a spectacular aura aboutjunobeach has a spectacular aura aboutjunobeach has a spectacular aura aboutjunobeach has a spectacular aura aboutjunobeach has a spectacular aura aboutjunobeach has a spectacular aura aboutjunobeach has a spectacular aura aboutjunobeach has a spectacular aura aboutjunobeach has a spectacular aura about

Device: kobo glo
I find my Glo is faster than my Kindle keyboard on page turns, even on a screen refresh (though only slightly)

I don't own a touch but I've used it and felt it was slower than my Kindle, not so with my Glo
junobeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
Cameronpaterson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Well what firmware are you on? I've got 2.1.5. All my books are sideloaded epubs on a 16G Sandisk Micro SD card.

Other than telling us yours is slow and no other information makes it hard to help out with suggestions. I haven't seen anyone else reporting their Glo is slow like you are saying yours is. Was it slow when you bought it? What steps have you taken to fix said slowness? Have you made sure you have the latest firmware (2.1.5 if NOT in Japan)? Have you tried the 2.2.1 firmware (not recommended by Kobo)? Are you using sideloaded epubs? Are you using a Micro SD card? If so what brand. Have you reading without the card?

I mean you saying it's slow is like a baby sitting in the middle of the room crying. Does it need a diaper change, got gas, needs feeding, thirsty, tired? In other words we need more information before serious help can come your way.
Hi - that's a fair point. I didn't go into detail because I didn't think it would be a fixable problem. I suppose I was having a whinge more than having asking for help :0) I am running the same firmware as you. What kind of steps could I take to fix? Resetting I suppose
Old 10-29-2015, 09:35 PM   #7
wooden
wooden began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I had the same problem with my Kobo Glo HD - resetting to factory settings helped me.
wooden is offline   Reply With Quote