Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
birdman28
birdman28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sending to device question using Calibre.

Hi, I have a Kindle reader, and I usually transfer my books to the Documents folder on the kindle because that is what was said in the manual. In Calibre, I use the Send to Device feature and it says that it sends to the Main root of the device. The books appear on my kindle but I was just wondering if it will cause any problems in the future?
Thanks for your time and help.
birdman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman28 View Post
Hi, I have a Kindle reader, and I usually transfer my books to the Documents folder on the kindle because that is what was said in the manual. In Calibre, I use the Send to Device feature and it says that it sends to the Main root of the device.
I don't use a Kindle, but I'm curious, where does it say main root? I know it most likely defaults to main memory.

Quote:
The books appear on my kindle but I was just wondering if it will cause any problems in the future?
Since literally 100s of thousands of Kindle users use calibre to send books to their device I think you'll be OK.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool nope

Quote:
Hi, I have a Kindle reader, and I usually transfer my books to the Documents folder on the kindle because that is what was said in the manual. In Calibre, I use the Send to Device feature and it says that it sends to the Main root of the device. The books appear on my kindle but I was just wondering if it will cause any problems in the future?
i don't think so. i sideload everything (non-amazon mobis and unmodified (except for the filename change that calibre does when you import the azw) amazon azws. i've not had a problem in over two years.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #4
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
There will be no problems. Calibre knows what to do. It would even know which format to send if you had multiple formats, ie epub, lit, etc. It would even CONVERT an incorrect format to the proper one if you tried sending one.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
birdman28
birdman28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you for your help. I think I had written main root, but in fact i am pretty sure you were right about it being main Memory.
birdman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert