Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Has anyone found a solution or reason for the frozen LCD screen?

This is a copy of the info I sent tech support, any ideas anyone?
Today my LCD screen froze,(I had it locked so it was blank). The trackball was not lit, the ereader was still showing the last page I had been reading and the power LED light was green and solid. Pressing power off did nothing. Removing the battery and rebooting, twice, turned it back on. The battery still had 1/2 a charge, so that was not the issue. After I replaced the battery the power light indicator stayed red until I plugged in the charging cord. Any info?
I had been reading outdoors, put the edge to sleep and went in to an appointment. It was working fine at the appointment, where i used it to get several needed files. I put it back to sleep and went to the school bookstore, about 10 minutes later,when I tried to get to a file, it was frozen.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
sarah11918
Edge User

I noticed a few times (though haven't experimented since) that reading outside in direct sunlight here in Mexico caused a freeze a few times. Walking back inside and replacing the battery fixed it, and I personally wondered whether it was a temperature thing since my only freezes happend out in the sun. But, sounds like your freeze happened indoors?

Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Yes but I had been outdoors for quite a while in the sun, 85 here in NM today, plus had placed it in the cocoon case for the walks between appointments. Probably less than 10 minutes each time. If it was just heat I can deal, obviously not putting in the case while asleep in that case.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
madamepsi
Edge User

My Pocket Edge freezes randomly. This seems to happend only now after downloading the latest update. So frustrating when I am acin a game, or worse still, when I am about to save my DOc to Go!!!!

Arrrggghhhh.

Any suggestions. I can reset but that doesn't get back what I was doing.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:16 AM   #5
borisb
Edge User

Please send this information to Tech Support (see http://www.entourageedge.com/support). This way they can be aware of the problem and work on fixing it.

Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 02:58 AM   #6
Hopi
Edge User

tech support solution: update software offline

Hi. I have a variant to the frozen LCD experience: mine froze after booting up until the entourage systems logo with trackball lit up and no activity on the e-ink side and the device will not turn off by pressing and long-pressing the power button. I removed the battery and replaced it. No development except that the LED in the power button glowed red. So I plugged it into the AC main which made the power button LED turn green but the LCD is still froze in the same logo.

Emailed tech support: their solution is to download the software update (from the link below) onto a USB or SD card and update offline.

https://www.entourageedge.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticl eid=236

My update is going on for 8 hours now and the eDGe shows no sign of finishing up. Is 8 hours or more common for an offline update?

Old 12-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #7
borisb
Edge User

I think you posted the same post on another thread No need to worry that if you post only once no one will read it - quite the opposite! Many of us are reading every post and just need time to reply

Having said that, see your other post for my (single) response