Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
humandroid
Connoisseur
humandroid began at the beginning.

kindle forgets "full screen mode" for comics cbz

When I am reading cbz files I like to always use Full Screen Mode.
But when the kindle goes into screensaver mode and I wake it up again the kindle is no longer in Full Screen Mode but it thinks it is in Full Screen Mode.
I have to Disable Full Screen Mode and then Enable Full Screen Mode again in order to get Full Screen again.
The same thing happens if I go to Home and load the same comic again.
Any ideas how to fix this?
humandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
There is a hotkey to enable/disable full screen mode. 'f'. Easier than using the menu. The settings don't 'stick'. I wrote a blog article awhile back about image viewer, should still be valid:

http://kindlecookies.blogspot.com/20...on-kindle.html

Sadly, they have done away with image viewer on the Kindle Touch, so you'll have to convert to mobi or PDF to view images, should you ever consider getting one.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #3
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: amazon kindle DXG
Take a look at here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139694
reprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
humandroid
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
There is a hotkey to enable/disable full screen mode. 'f'. Easier than using the menu. The settings don't 'stick'. I wrote a blog article awhile back about image viewer, should still be valid:

http://kindlecookies.blogspot.com/20...on-kindle.html

Sadly, they have done away with image viewer on the Kindle Touch, so you'll have to convert to mobi or PDF to view images, should you ever consider getting one.
Thank you tomsem.
This information should be on a sticky in this forum.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
humandroid
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprep View Post
thank you reprep.
This hack should be on the list of hacks in the developer section.
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I've used the hotkey for it, but never really looked into the "hack" for it. Maybe I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote