Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-06-2023, 01:40 PM   #1
John IV
John IV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
How to find books in my Calibre library that have certain CSS Stylesheet tags?

So I've recently started 'normalizing' the look of my epubs by removing certain style tags in the CSS stylesheet, I do this with the convert EPUB to EPUB / Look & Feel / Transform Styles option to remove font-family, line-height, and font-size. I like the Bookerly and sizing defaults I use.

I did a few batches of these conversions which apparently had prior conversions settings still attached to the individual books, so they didn't take these three alterations and now they're mixed in with the rest of the library.

Question: How can I do a search in my Calibre library for books which still have the font-family, line-height, and font-size styles in the CSS files so I can process them again? Thanks -

PS - I completely removed the style names from the ones that were successful if that's easier to key on in the search. Thanks -
John IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 01:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quality check plugin can search CSS
BUT You better know what/why the publisher did xyz before you just blow things away, or you may end up with UGLY results
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CSS-search.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	200156  
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2023, 03:13 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Bulk Metadata Edit can remove the conversion settings you've set en-masse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-07 071115.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	200157

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-06-2023 at 03:27 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 03:35 PM   #4
John IV
John IV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Thank you both, this gives me some good direction.
John IV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, epub to epub, transform styles