Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #16
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
David we re-hashed this over & over at the Sony Forum. It wasn't my habits. I have had a Sony 350 for a year & love it. I know the T1 is more sensitive & took that into consideration. I just had the freebies put on there by Sony & 1 book bought from the Sony reader store.

I shouldn't have to alter my reading habits when I bought the reader to read on & to use the touch screen. All I do is read on my reader & all I read is epubs. Just like I do with my 350. And I can read on my 350 for hours with no problems.

And as time is going on, more people are having problems. Sony has a problem with this reader & I think it is obvious when they are willing to exchange it with few questions asked.

I do think there is something odd that not all the readers are having problems though. Time will tell.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #17
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestjeter View Post
It is what it is
All it "is" was someone (wvcherrybomb) purposefully taking something out of context in order to bash something he does not understand. I'm only 26, but I left that behind in middle school.
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #18
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
David we re-hashed this over & over at the Sony Forum. It wasn't my habits. I have had a Sony 350 for a year & love it. I know the T1 is more sensitive & took that into consideration. I just had the freebies put on there by Sony & 1 book bought from the Sony reader store.

I shouldn't have to alter my reading habits when I bought the reader to read on & to use the touch screen. All I do is read on my reader & all I read is epubs. Just like I do with my 350. And I can read on my 350 for hours with no problems.

And as time is going on, more people are having problems. Sony has a problem with this reader & I think it is obvious when they are willing to exchange it with few questions asked.

I do think there is something odd that not all the readers are having problems though. Time will tell.
No one is saying you need to alter your reading habits or that that was at fault. Asking questions and gathering info is just the start of finding a solution. Your experience might illuminate a memory leak...but we have to ask the questions and get to that point, first. I've been trying to duplicate peoples reported problems over the past two weeks but have had no luck. Unless I'm missing something, I suspect you were the victim of a bad batch.

But regardless, no one is citing you as being at fault or the cause of the problems.
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #19
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David58117 View Post
All it "is" was someone (wvcherrybomb) purposefully taking something out of context in order to bash something he does not understand. I'm only 26, but I left that behind in middle school.
I'm a "she" and I was just having a little fun. I'm 47 now and getting more and more immature by the year. By the time I'm a senior citizen I plan to be getting away with all sorts of silliness.

But, in all seriousness, your "positive" review made me sure that I would never buy a T1.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Speaking from my own experience. I know bad batches exist on eReaders so it's possible that what's wrong with the T1.

I've had a bad K4 and had to exchange it for another one. Which isn't perfect compare to others who gotten a K4 and didn't have to be modified it at all. I know several others who had to exchange their K4 or return it due to contrast issues but the K4 is stable. I've never had it crash or freeze except using the browser. It's just getting a screen contrast that makes you happy.

Several T1 users are having freezing/crashes right out of the box with hardly any books on it. From the threads I've read there is no common factor in the crashes. No one wants a reader that isn't stable so go with a Kindle or another reader that is stable.

Those who got a stable T1 are lucky just like those who got a good K4 with great contrast are lucky. It doesn't mean that either party is wrong. It just means There is more risk to take in buying one then a reader that doesn't have these issues.

The Kindle Touch looks like a really good alternative to the T1.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert