Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
rcrh
Enthusiast
rcrh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Nook ST Rooted reader

For those of you who have rooted your simple touch what reader app do you use? Read really do like the reading experience on the Nook and the built in dictionary is great. However I am curious about the kindle feature that tracks your reading pace and gives you an indication of how long it will take you to read the next chapter break. That one feature is making me think about rooting. But, I've had tablets in the past and played with some of the android reading apps and wasn't impressed.

So I'm wonder what folks who are rooted use. Do you still have an integrated dictionary, do you get the tracking & pacing feature of the Kindle? Are you happy with the rooting?

Thanks in advance.
rcrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
vuanh1408
vuanh1408 began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch with glowlight
I use Cool reader (for epub, mobi, docx) and EzPdf reader for PDF
vuanh1408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:31 AM   #3
jsabrahamsen
jsabrahamsen began at the beginning.

Device: none
I use Cool Reader as well, with Aard dictionary. The configurability of Cool Reader is a big improvement over the stock reader. Not familiar with Kindle tracking and pacing.
jsabrahamsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
ereaderSam
Connoisseur
ereaderSam doesn't litterereaderSam doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I am not sure about rooting, but the Kindle tracking your reading option to me is useless. I would rather have a page count and page total.
ereaderSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Coolreader with GoldenDict and several dictionaries in *.bgl format.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #6
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
Cool Reader. Tried everything else and came back to that. IMHO it's the best ereader around. In fact, I've got more than a few front-lit ereaders (KPW1, & Nook 4thgen) but I still keep coming back to the Nook 2gen because of Cool Reader.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #7
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I take it back. Aireader is better than Coolreader. The Coolreader menu is a horrible mess and it cannot handle menu links. Aireader does both well plus more.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #8
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
FBReader. It's nice and stable, with great integration of Calibre metadata. Coolreader crashed with larger books.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote