Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Canadian iPad at Future Shop

I just wandered in at Future Shop this morning looking for a GPS car stand big enough to fit an iPad. When I said the word to the attendant, her face lit up!

They have received a bunch today. They'll be setting up special displays during the night in preparation for tomorrow's launch. It's the first news I have that Future Shop would be a distributor.

All third party accessories were already in the store, so I bought a Griffin case... Tomorrow she comes! Godspeed Fedex!!!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
I just wandered in at Future Shop this morning looking for a GPS car stand big enough to fit an iPad. When I said the word to the attendant, her face lit up!

They have received a bunch today. They'll be setting up special displays during the night in preparation for tomorrow's launch. It's the first news I have that Future Shop would be a distributor.

All third party accessories were already in the store, so I bought a Griffin case... Tomorrow she comes! Godspeed Fedex!!!
Did you find a car stand for iPad?

I wish-listed this one on Amazon, to remind myself to look at it again when (if?) they start selling:

http://www.amazon.com/Car-Holder-Mou...=20UVC8UOCSNUC

I also saw a YouTube or such, on which a guy used 50 cents worth of string and turned his Apple case into an iPad car mount. I don't want to strap my iPad in front of my air vents, as he did, though.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Quote:

Wow that's surprising. With all the talk of shortages I assumed only the Apple stores would get some, and probably not many, for direct sales. But I guess since FS is owned by Best Buy and BB is a huge Apple reseller...
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
My dream holder would be something to hang it from the headboard so I don't bash my brains out when I fall asleep reading. The car holder would be great also. You guys are using a nice grippy skin, right? Don't take a chance with it being slippery.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
Did you find a car stand for iPad?

I wish-listed this one on Amazon, to remind myself to look at it again when (if?) they start selling:

http://www.amazon.com/Car-Holder-Mou...=20UVC8UOCSNUC

I also saw a YouTube or such, on which a guy used 50 cents worth of string and turned his Apple case into an iPad car mount. I don't want to strap my iPad in front of my air vents, as he did, though.
There is this and this and this.
There was nothing at FS though. I was looking for objects to help me in building an iPad support. I got them, now I have to make it.
If you want more info on iPad, go to ipadforums.net . You'll find me logged in as iVan.
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

I'm building a self standing floor unit to hold the iPad next to an easy chair, sofa or bed. With a Bluetooth keyboard, it will be the couch potato's ultimate dream!

Pics will follow in a few days...

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 05-27-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
There was nothing at FS though. I was looking for objects to help me in building an iPad support. I got them, now I have to make it.
If you want more info on iPad, go to ipadforums.net . You'll find me logged in as iVan.

I'm very interested in the suction cue window mount. I wish I had it now.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!

I'll take a pic of my pretty tabletop setup and post. It might giver you some ideas.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Thanks, Ivan. Looking forward to seeing how your project works out.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #10
tyche
Addict
tyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with others

Device: PRS-505, iPad
They still had a few left at the Future Shop I went to after work. They got 1,500 for the city and this one had 2 32gb, a stack of 64gb and a several each the 3g models left.

Typing this from my iPad
tyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #11
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

I got mine today. It's an absolutely fantastic way to use the internet.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:07 AM   #12
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
I got mine today. It's an absolutely fantastic way to use the internet.
I picked mine up from fed ex after work yesterday - in Dartmouth NS - which is quite a small place - and 300 people did the same within an hour. So Apple hasn't skimped on it's release in Canada. A friend was in NY last week and there weren't any to be had.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote