Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #391
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Quick question on microSD cards...

Amazon has this SanDisk 32GB on sale for $16, but it says 'Mobile'. Reviewer says it works fine in her NC, though.

Anyone know if 'Mobile' is different from a regular card?

Link
Nothing special about the word 'Mobile'. It'll work in any mSDHC device.

BTW, it was just on sale as a Lightning Deal for $15. It just expired. It was also at that price yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a Lighting Deal at the same price tomorrow.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #392
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Tubemonkey, this is crazy. I saw nothing like this when I went, but then, I did not stop at Walmart.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #393
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Worse than a buncha monkeys fighting for bananas!
But I always win

My bananas! I'll pepper spray anyone
who gets near my stash.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #394
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Since I know nothing about Barbies and video games, how much money did you save by going to Walmart last night? And how long did it take you (sounds like it was packed)?
The Barbies and Bratz were $5 each, which is a great price. They (at least the Barbies) were Walmart exclusives (so they said). The Monster High doll was $10 and also an exclusive. My daughter is going to give it as a gift in her Girl Scouts secret santa gift exchange. (If I'd have gotten 2 or 3, my daughters would have gotten a couple). Not sure what the reg. price on that would be. We don't have any of those. I'll probably save several of the dolls for birthdays.

I only waited for less than an hour, and yes it was worth it. But don't know that I would do it again. I didn't care for the big crowds. Just trying to get to the register was nuts.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #395
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Nothing special about the word 'Mobile'. It'll work in any mSDHC device.

BTW, it was just on sale as a Lightning Deal for $15. It just expired. It was also at that price yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a Lighting Deal at the same price tomorrow.
Thanks for the clarification. I ordered it along with a USB 2.0 drive that was on sale. Amazon gave me a free month's trial of Prime, so no S/H and 2-day delivery. Once I finalize my Christmas list, I'll probably do most of my shopping there (while trying to resist all the gadgety stuff I want but don't need for myself lol).
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #396
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Just a heads up. The following items are about to drop in the Lightning Deals. If you want an iPod, get to the website early. Yesterday, all three iPod offers disappeared in a matter of seconds.
  • SanDisk Ultra 32GB SD -- starts 11:39am PT
  • Lexar 16GB USB Flash -- starts 1:39pm PT
  • Seagate 2TB Desktop HD -- starts 1:39pm PT
  • Seagate 3TB Desktop HD -- starts 1:39pm PT

Edit: all 3 iPods were moved to start at 8:29pm & 9:29pm PT.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-23-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #397
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Don't succumb to the dark side. Get Android and know true inner peace.

(there, did I talk you out of it?)

The Mini has been mentioned a few times and I have it listed in the Tablets & eReaders post.
Maybe, we'll see if I can hold out until midnight!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #398
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Hey! I shop at Wally World all the time!! I think I'm offended!
Actually, for grocery staples they have the cheapest prices in town. We have Wally World or high end grocery stores. Let's face it, Kraft Mac and Cheese is the same no matter where I buy it. Wally World it is! Our closest Costco is about an hour away, by the way, and our Target grocery is expensive!
But I don't think you could pay me enough to go there today!!! Or this whole weekend for that matter!
S
We do too but we live in a small town. Walmart isn't for low income shoppers. It's rural America. Not many other places to go for stuff. The rich and poor shop there. An hour away is Target, and Big K and their is a very small mall with a small Sears and JCP in it but in town there is only Walmart.

Walmart is the local hangout. In Nebraska were we lived while Military it was the place everyone hung out to chew the fat. They do that here too. Specially the farmers.

We plan to go there tonight or tomorrow to shop for our Paper Angel. I just hope not everything is picked over. The info says she wants Barbies, and I want to get her an outfit maybe some shoes and of course some picture story books. (She's only 5)

Last edited by Blossom; 11-23-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #399
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
We do too but we live in a small town. Walmart isn't for low income shoppers. It's rural America. Not many other places to go for stuff. The rich and poor shop there. An hour away is Target, and Big K and their is a very small mall with a small Sears and JCP in it but in town there is only Walmart.

Walmart is the local hangout. In Nebraska were we lived while Military it was the place everyone hung out to chew the fat. They do that here too. Specially the farmers.

We plan to go there tonight or tomorrow to shop for our Paper Angel. I just hope not everything is picked over. The info says she wants Barbies, and I want to get her an outfit maybe some shoes and of course some picture story books. (She's only 5)
I know where you live, so yeah, Walmart is important there! Wouldn't you just about have to go to Johnson City to get any big variety of stores? Every time I would go to Walmart in Bristol there would be groups of people just standing around chatting. It was nice! And everyone was so friendly.
I miss Kmart. They closed all the ones close to me. For clothing staples nothing beats Kmart prices or quality. Well, except Hills, but those are all gone here too!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #400
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I know where you live, so yeah, Walmart is important there! Wouldn't you just about have to go to Johnson City to get any big variety of stores? Every time I would go to Walmart in Bristol there would be groups of people just standing around chatting. It was nice! And everyone was so friendly.
I miss Kmart. They closed all the ones close to me. For clothing staples nothing beats Kmart prices or quality. Well, except Hills, but those are all gone here too!
S
I shop online at BigK for my clothes or go to J.C. for one.
J.C or Kingsport for more stores. Really Kingsport has all the big name stores in the Church Hill area. We have a Walmart Supercenter and 4 Dollar Generals and Dollar Tree plus one Family Dollar. So you can see how rural of an area I live in. All those but one small DG is 25 minutes away from me. The other DG is 10 minutes from here.

I can't get hubby up to go shopping. *pouts* I guess for me I'll just finished my Stephanie Plum Novel. Last night we stayed up all night decorating our tree. It's the biggest tree we've ever had and it's taller than hubby so it took forever to get it just right.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #401
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Just got back from Costco with my $270 Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 10.1. They were going really fast. I actually grabbed one about 10:30, and there were only about 5 left. Had to add adobe flash (just Google adobe flash archives), so I can watch my Amazon videos.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #402
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Just a heads up. The following items are about to drop in the Lightning Deals. If you want an iPod, get to the website early. Yesterday, all three iPod offers disappeared in a matter of seconds.
  • SanDisk Ultra 32GB SD -- starts 11:39am PT
  • Lexar 16GB USB Flash -- starts 1:39pm PT
  • Seagate 2TB Desktop HD -- starts 1:39pm PT
  • Seagate 3TB Desktop HD -- starts 1:39pm PT

Edit: all 3 iPods were moved to start at 8:29pm & 9:29pm PT.
I'm rather tempted by those iPods but I don't need it lol
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #403
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Tubemonkey, did you get the Nook ST from your wishlist?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #404
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
I'm rather tempted by those iPods but I don't need it lol
I tried to get an iPod Touch during last night's offer, but they were literally gone within one second.

Just FYI, Apple is selling them today for $268.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...ily/ipod_touch
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #405
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
I tried to get an iPod Touch during last night's offer, but they were literally gone within one second.

Just FYI, Apple is selling them today for $268.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...ily/ipod_touch
I was monitoring it and was surprised lol
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote