Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Kindle App for Android - Important update to 3.5.0

Update: Amazon just put out Version 3.5.1.1, which fixes a problem some were having with Version 3.5.0, released earlier the same day. The release note states: "fixes a crash that some customers experienced when opening the app." One of my tablets was crashing with 3.5.0, but it's fine with 3.5.1.1.

There is an update available today for the Kindle for Android app. Version 3.5.0 has some interesting new features, including:
  • Support for new Kindle Format 8, which enables enhanced formatting on some children's books, comic books, and graphic novels
  • Email personal documents to your Android device by using its Send-to-Kindle email address. You can find this address at Amazon (go to Your Account, select Manage Your Kindle, then go to Personal Document Settings)
  • Select from multiple dictionary languages when looking up definitions

Last edited by DreamWriter; 03-24-2012 at 03:16 AM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
gent
gent began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Excellent!

Was really missing the syncing of personal documents.
gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gent View Post
Excellent!

Was really missing the syncing of personal documents.
Yes! I sent a PDF to my tablet's Send-to-Kindle email address this morning and it showed up on the device a few minutes later. This is going to come in handy.

If anyone wants to check out a few books with Kindle Format 8, you can have free samples of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? or Batman: The Complete Hush delivered to your Android device after updating to version 3.5.0. When you double-tap on text in the ebook, it will pop up with enlarged text or other features.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Hmmm. If Batman: Hush were under $10, I'd snag it. But, I'll get me the sample, at least.

I'm looking forward to seeing what these extras do.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Hmmm. If Batman: Hush were under $10, I'd snag it. But, I'll get me the sample, at least.

I'm looking forward to seeing what these extras do.
Here is a link to search for other enhanced comic books.

And here is a link to enhanced children's books.

Added: Not all books listed there are enhanced, but there will be a drop-down menu labeled "available only on these devices" where it specifies that they work on Kindle Fire and Kindle for Android app. I believe those are KF8 books. It may also say "Double Tap to Zoom" in the book description or otherwise specify. Downloading a sample is probably wise before purchasing.

So far, the only features I've seen are that the text enlarges when double-tapped, but I haven't looked at many KF8 books.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 03-23-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
anyone know where you can get this apart from the app stores

I dont have access to google play or amazon app store
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote