Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
caseylee
caseylee began at the beginning.

Device: sony
updating calibre and readers

got a new sony reader for christmas spent a day converting all the old files to the new calibre files and transferring to the new reader (900 files)

found the bug in the collections area(the one fixed by the latest version)

My question: Do I need to redownload all 900 files or is there a way to apply the patch to the reader?

Thank you for a wonderful product.
Casey
caseylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Many things on a Sony reader are renamed/reordered just by connecting the reader to Calibre, letting it do its stuff, then disconnecting again. Try that first.

If it doesn't work as expected you could repost with a few more details of what looks "wrong".
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Many things on a Sony reader are renamed/reordered just by connecting the reader to Calibre, letting it do its stuff, then disconnecting again. Try that first.
Only if metadata management (preferences, send to device, metadata management) is set to automatic, which isn't the default.
Quote:
If it doesn't work as expected you could repost with a few more details of what looks "wrong".
Good suggestion.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Only if metadata management (preferences, send to device, metadata management) is set to automatic, which isn't the default.
Sorry, I always forget to mention that. I think it's because I really can't understand why anyone would choose to set it to anything other than "Automatic". I set mine as soon as the feature became available and I haven't looked at it since. It's a fantastic feature.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
I wonder if this is a related question: my Sony just recovered from a serious error (corrupt media.xml file), and when I got it running again, I copied some additional books onto main memory. Then I noticed the reader's home page showing a larger number of pictures, and when I looked, I saw a bunch of thumbnails of covers of recently copied books.

I've never seen covers show on the reader that way. Is that because of a change in Calibre, or a setting I might have accidentally changed? (I think I had .31 running at the time, though I've just updated to .35.) I don't really want all the cover images filling up a separate folder on my reader.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
I wonder if this is a related question: my Sony just recovered from a serious error (corrupt media.xml file), and when I got it running again, I copied some additional books onto main memory. Then I noticed the reader's home page showing a larger number of pictures, and when I looked, I saw a bunch of thumbnails of covers of recently copied books.

I've never seen covers show on the reader that way. Is that because of a change in Calibre, or a setting I might have accidentally changed? (I think I had .31 running at the time, though I've just updated to .35.) I don't really want all the cover images filling up a separate folder on my reader.
You are probably seeing the effects of the thumbnails issue/problem discussed here.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Ah--thanks! If I'd just updated to .35 first, I'd have avoided the whole issue, looks like.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote