Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
IMPORTANT !! Don't use the old firmware with the new Opus !

Very important message: I've heard from Michaël Dahan (of Bookeen) that the reason the firmware updates are not currently available on the site is that the old versions (1.5 Build 1093 & 2.0 Build 1094) are NOT COMPATIBLE with the new colour Opus, and can brick the device, because the new Opus is not using the same hardware as the old Opus.

So please DO NOT INSTALL THE 1.5 OR 2.0 FIRMWARE ON YOUR COLOR OPUS !!!

A NEW firmware update which will be compatible with ALL Opus models will be available on Bookeen's site in the very near future.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Good idea.
Sticky ! (And hope we won't nedd that topic anymore soon)
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Why would someone want to downgrade their new Opus?
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Well, switching to 1.5 to read mobi, for one.
Or need to re-install (that shoudn't happen).
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Good idea.
Sticky ! (And hope we won't nedd that topic anymore soon)
good point ! stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon View Post
Why would someone want to downgrade their new Opus?
good question... i can only imagine someone who wants to stick with mobipocket firmware might try to do that without waiting for the new firmware.
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
sijas
sijas began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
Exclamation

Would someone be so kind to post the old firmware anyway? I recently bought the white opus, but it has the super-old firmware, so that it can't display Polish fonts correctly
sijas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by sijas View Post
Would someone be so kind to post the old firmware anyway? I recently bought the white opus, but it has the super-old firmware, so that it can't display Polish fonts correctly
Just uploaded. Free account, so only 10 downloads.
2.0 : http://rapidshare.com/files/39121123..._1094.zip.html
1.5 : http://rapidshare.com/files/39121257..._1093.zip.html

Last edited by mgmueller; 05-24-2010 at 06:18 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Arrow "Old" Cybook firmwares 1.5 and 2.0 for download

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...42&postcount=7
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:27 AM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
A NEW firmware update which will be compatible with ALL Opus models will be available on Bookeen's site in the very near future.
On Monday? By the way, thanks by the warning. A friend of mine is buying an Opus, but I don't know if it's the white one, and she intends to use it for Mobipocket.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:03 AM   #10
sijas
sijas began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Thanks a lot! Works great now :-)
sijas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #11
grouphile
grouphile began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO H2O & PB626
Thank you! I just got a new opus, I like it very much -- but I *am* looking forward to switching to mobi format again. If I understand correctly, one can use bookmarks with that format.
Anyone knows if the new firmware will enable bookmarking with epub format?
grouphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:20 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
thanks mgmueller, that's very helpful for people who have the v1 opus !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
On Monday? By the way, thanks by the warning. A friend of mine is buying an Opus, but I don't know if it's the white one, and she intends to use it for Mobipocket.
please be sure to tell her to be careful ; a white opus can be v1 OR v2 !! she should check the version of the firmware installed when she buys it, before trying to do any install. or, to be safe, she can just wait for the new firmware ; that one will work on all Opus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouphile View Post
Thank you! I just got a new opus, I like it very much -- but I *am* looking forward to switching to mobi format again. If I understand correctly, one can use bookmarks with that format.
i'm not sure about that but i'm sure someone who has a new one can confirm. welcome to the forum !
Old 05-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouphile View Post
Nope, no bookmarks or multi-level TOC's (assuming you mean the v.2 that the new ones have and not some future version).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:02 AM   #14
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
please be sure to tell her to be careful ; a white opus can be v1 OR v2 !! she should check the version of the firmware installed when she buys it, before trying to do any install. or, to be safe, she can just wait for the new firmware ; that one will work on all Opus.
I'll look at it but there will be a small problem with that solution. She has bought Opus because she can use it with Mobipocket, she doesn't have to do any different of she did with her Palm, a small detail that people usually forget when they say you must move to ePub because it's the best thing after the chocolate.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #15
grouphile
grouphile began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO H2O & PB626
thanks (and thanks for the welcome .
Well, I hope there will be bookmarks in future versions... in the meantime, it's still a nice reader, my first (blackberry and PDA before).

Phile
grouphile is offline   Reply With Quote