Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Device: kobo glo hd
Kobo Arc email

I have been unable to set up my POP email on the Arc even after 30 minutes on the phone with Bell. I can't get past the incoming server screen. Checked the pop server name, port #, password. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
ppowell002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
FaisalAbid
Developer - Kobo Arc.
FaisalAbid began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Hi Powell, I'd be glad to help. Could you tell me the steps youve tried already. Feel free to PM me if you feel more comfortable.

p.s I am a developer on the Kobo Arc.
FaisalAbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

[QUOTE=FaisalAbid;2331886]Hi Powell, I'd be glad to help. Could you tell me the steps youve tried already. Feel free to PM me if you feel more ...

Thanks Faisal. Between your customer care and a different rep at Bell, email is up and running. Issue was out of sync password between windows live and my desktop email app which had been changed on my first go-round with Bell.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
jmoffat
jmoffat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaisalAbid View Post
Hi Powell, I'd be glad to help. Could you tell me the steps youve tried already. Feel free to PM me if you feel more comfortable.

faisal
just got my wife an arc for xmas...struggling on email setup
it is not able to get past the outgoing mail setup for whatever reason POP3

seems so simple yet will not proceed.....any ideas my friend
jmoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
ppowell002
Connoisseur

When you choose pop3 setup, you might need to remove the default incoming and outgoing servers. Check your email program for the correct server names.
Hope that helps.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #6
pedrobighead
pedrobighead began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
e-reader mail setup and saving

faisalabid can you please help me???

have a kobo arc and used the settings from my computer email to setup my kobo email account and with the correct ports and authentication it worked and started using my pop account.

However i cannot seem to keep the mail in my inbox? where are the email messages saved on the kobo?

does the mail actually get saved on the device and if not how do you retrieve them????

any help would be appreciated, i should be seeing all messages coming to the account on the kobo but i cannot see them or save them unless its in real time. I would also like to have them in the inbox when i turn the machine off and come back later.

is there any help to getting the inbox to permanently save the email???

thanks
pedro

Last edited by pedrobighead; 12-31-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: new material addes
pedrobighead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
pedrobighead
pedrobighead began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaisalAbid View Post

hello can you please help me, see pedrobighead above for complete email issue.

synopsis: i have email but cannot seem to hold the messages in the inbox on the kobo arc.
where are they saved and if not on the handheld, how do you retrieve them??

thanks pedro in north bay
pedrobighead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #8
chattylibrarian
chattylibrarian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Faisal, I have a problem with the Email app. When I delete messages from my Gmail account, they're deposited into a secondary IMAP/Trash folder on the Gmail server. When I use the standalone Gmail app, they're properly routed into the primary Trash folder within Gmail. Is there a way to make the Email app use the Gmail settings?
chattylibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppowell002 View Post
When you choose pop3 setup, you might need to remove the default incoming and outgoing servers. Check your email program for the correct server names.
Hope that helps.
I failed both with Arc & Vox but in neither case did I see where to access the default incoming and outgoing severs. Where do you see them, as I do know the correct ones for my email?
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #10
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
Email and Gmail

I have given up on sympatico email on the Arc, but I do have the Gmail working. Question: how do I empty the Trash folder, there seems to be no obvious way?
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote