Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-31-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Mobipocket Reader 6.2 under Wine

So I figure this out after I'm done needing to run Mobipocket Reader over and over to test oeb2mobi output, but it actually is possible to run version 6.2 under Wine. I'm not sure how many other people this might help, but thought I'd share just in case. The two necessary bits at least under my version of Wine (1.0.1) are to make sure there isn't an existing library directory ("~/My eBooks") and to directly pass the desired book as an argument to reader.exe. So not so good for the "library" functionality, but at least it's possible to read books, check formatting, etc with it. I've got the following shell script for maximum simplicity:

Code:
#! /bin/bash

export WINEDEBUG="-all"
export WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.wine"
DRIVE_C="$WINEPREFIX/drive_c"
READER="$DRIVE_C/Program Files/Mobipocket.com/Mobipocket Reader/reader.exe"

rm -rf "$HOME/My eBooks"
exec wine "$READER" "$@"
And now you know.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote