Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
ahonamous
ahonamous began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WF
FW3.1 Collections without Registration?

Checklist for my K3W running 3.1:
Jailbreak 3.1 - Check
Install font hack - Check
Install ss hack - Check
SSH - Pending
Enable collections without registering - nope.
The jailbreak is pretty straight forward as were pretty much all of the other hacks, THANK YOU!! Has anyone figured out how to enable collections without having to register? I know it could be done on FW prior to 3.1. I have loaded up my K3, but I am very tempted to undo everything & reset, then perform a diff on the system before and after a registration. Any thoughts?

Anne
ahonamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
ahonamous
ahonamous began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WF
It is all about the /var/local/java/prefs/reginfo file, but many of you probably already knew that. Anyhow, I tried the reginfo.04 hack with no luck. I did register get the file and then deregister.

The file has 6 main parts: <store_authentication_cookie>, <device_private_key>, <given_name>, <name>, <user_device_name>, and <alias>. I cleared the first two fields and reinstalled the modified reginfo file. No Joy. It looks like there is a need to calculate an acceptable authentication cookie and private key. Any one have any ideas on how to do that?

CORRECTION: Another try and it looks like we really only need an acceptable device_private_key, and NOT a store_authentication_cookie...

Last edited by ahonamous; 04-22-2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: More info...
ahonamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2019, 09:19 PM   #3
Javier Betancour
Javier Betancour began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Muy bien no sabes como agradezco tu comentario realmente eres el único que le has dedicado tiempo a este tema... Pero mi kindle es regalado parece que esta registrado en otra cuenta amazon me dice que hay que desvincularlo de la otra cuenta en fin no me deja registrarlo y no puedo crear colecciones y realmente me gusta este tipo de lector electronico aqui en cuba se conoce poco que podria hacer para activar las colecciones.
Javier Betancour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:45 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier Betancour View Post
Muy bien no sabes como agradezco tu comentario realmente eres el único que le has dedicado tiempo a este tema... Pero mi kindle es regalado parece que esta registrado en otra cuenta amazon me dice que hay que desvincularlo de la otra cuenta en fin no me deja registrarlo y no puedo crear colecciones y realmente me gusta este tipo de lector electronico aqui en cuba se conoce poco que podria hacer para activar las colecciones.
You are posting to a thread that is eight years old, and writing about the series 3 firmware (about six years ago).
Your info block lists a "paperwhite" as your current device. That PW device, a 'series 5 firmware', has the appropriate fake registration file(s) posted elsewhere.
Just search for "fake registration".

You should probably first contact Amazon customer service about getting the registration transferred from the previous owner to yourself, before trying to create a fake registration.

Last edited by knc1; 06-29-2019 at 10:55 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote