Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-22-2016, 02:47 PM   #40231
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post

Now it's back to cutting cute little houses and putting them together in preparation for the Christmas shop window (I have time, we still need to put in the autumn display).
Did you print these houses on your new printer, or is this a completely separate project? Printing them and then assembling sounds like fun!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:58 PM   #40232
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
It amazes me that it would be cheaper to buy a new pressure cooker (if I ever need one) than to just buy the parts for the old one.
Note: halfway through cleaning the pans.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:12 PM   #40233
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Did you print these houses on your new printer, or is this a completely separate project? Printing them and then assembling sounds like fun!
No need for printing. I bought this cut file and the others in the same series and cut them out with the machine. Then I assemble them. The plan is to put them on the window sill and maybe scatter a few on the plateaus in the window, so I'll probably make 2 or 3 of each. It's fun and when you do just one each time it's something you can quickly do when you have a bit of time to spare.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:45 AM   #40234
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
electronic die cutting machine.
Ooohhh... now I've been thinking about one of them as a present for someone. Which one do you have?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:03 AM   #40235
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Ooohhh... now I've been thinking about one of them as a present for someone. Which one do you have?
I have the Silhouette Cameo 2. Version 3 has just been released, but it still has some teething problems from a Facebook group.

It is great fun, though. My next step will be buying vinyl, but I've been trying to ignore the flex used to iron on fabric.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2016, 03:06 AM   #40236
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm trying to wake up at the moment. It seems Saturday is the day I have most problems getting started.

The weather predictions are great for this weekend. I think it won't be very busy today, usually on beautiful days on Saturdays in autumn it's busy in our store. But I think today will be too warm for people to go into the city centre and instead opt for a day to the beach, forest, zoo or amusement park.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:50 PM   #40237
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Today was the scattering of my grandmother's ashes.

It didn't go as planned but it went okay. First the cousin who didn't respond to any of my 9 messages showed up. Luckily, his father didn't. His older sister had gotten the time wrong, so was late. She told us to go without her. But first everyone wanted to have a drink. Normally this wouldn't have been a problem but my sister had made an appointment with the store she bought her kitchen from to finalize the purchase, so we had to leave in time to make that appointment. It also didn't help that the restaurant was understaffed for a 26C Sunday in September, so all orders took ages.

Eventually 6 out of 9 cousins set off. We were afraid it would be very busy in the forest, since it was really busy at the restaurant, but it wasn't. We went off path to find a nice place to dump the ashes. Then we rejoined the others and had a somewhat hurried belated lunch.

I'm now completely drained now. Not just because of all the tension leading up to today but also I'm an introvert and occasions like this suck my dry. The cousins from my aunt's side of the family understand me, that I don't do well in big, loud groups. The cousins from my uncle's side don't understand my introvertism and kept asking if something was wrong because I'm so quiet.

I've just made a cup of tea, I've got some crackers and a piece of brie and I'm going to curl up and watch something on tv that doesn't take a lot of brain power to understand.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:18 AM   #40238
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Right now I'm trying to get comfortable with a miserably painful back. I'm not sure what happened -- I was fine last night but woke up barely able to get out of bed.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:27 AM   #40239
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I've been ignoring the Amazon Echo, since it isn't available in the Netherlands (yet).

However, next week Google is releasing more details about their version, the Google Home. I'm very interested. My Logitech internet radio regularly has server problems and once or twice a year it causes my alarm clock not to go off. I'm getting a bit tired of that. As long as Google home has the option to set alarm, play internet radio and you can set a sleep timer (I like to listen to classical music when I go to sleep) I'll get one and move the Logitech to my computer/craft/work space.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:45 AM   #40240
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Right now I'm trying to get comfortable with a miserably painful back. I'm not sure what happened -- I was fine last night but woke up barely able to get out of bed.
Perhaps you twisted the wrong way in your sleep or jerked suddenly in a dream. Backs are mysterious, and one that's hurting is no fun. Hope you get better soon.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:29 AM   #40241
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Perhaps you twisted the wrong way in your sleep or jerked suddenly in a dream. Backs are mysterious, and one that's hurting is no fun. Hope you get better soon.
I once had to have almost a month off work after twisting my back. How did I do it? Taking my wallet out of my back pocket

Of course, some of my friends suggested that I hadn't had enough practice taking my wallet out

A bad back is, indeed, no fun. I hope you're feeling better soon, cromag.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:51 AM   #40242
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Your wife or dog decided your back was a perfect place for their knees or paws.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:20 AM   #40243
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Bad back. The bane of my life. Hope yours gets better soon.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:08 AM   #40244
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I hope you are doing better!

Right now I'm feeling out of sorts. Hubby is at work! Yep first day on the job. Pays really good too. We are so happy! It was a direct hire no more temp work. Has a normal schedule which his last job didn't. He was working eight different shifts and some all in a row causing our sleep schedule to be all over the place. We felt like zombies all the time. This new job is HVAC and something he has done many times. I think it will be a perfect fit for him.

So now I'm sitting here with no one to nag me and I'm thinking "What do I want to do?" Maybe nap, read, clean or just sit here and relish the quiet.... decisions, decisions... lol

Oh here's a tip for job seekers. If it's a blue collar job like factory, construction, fast food..... Remove any high education from your resume. Don't ask me why but after he did that he had a handful of interviews in a matter of hours! This is after sending out hundreds of resumes this year and not one nibble. Those resumes showed his education degrees. The new one did not.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited by Blossom; 09-27-2016 at 10:14 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:45 PM   #40245
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

Oh here's a tip for job seekers. If it's a blue collar job like factory, construction, fast food..... Remove any high education from your resume. Don't ask me why but after he did that he had a handful of interviews in a matter of hours! This is after sending out hundreds of resumes this year and not one nibble. Those resumes showed his education degrees. The new one did not.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Probably because they see him as overqualified for the job, and when something "better" comes along, he'd be off! I have myself on a couple of occasions not offered someone a job because I felt they were too qualified, and knew they'd get bored or frustrated in the role pretty quickly.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?