Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #46
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
You are running MS Access and Visio on a phone? Things must be amazing in Japan.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #47
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
No i meant everything else. Why would I need Microsoft Access in order to do that?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #48
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What I like about the Surface product is that it does everything I need to do in my personal and professional life. I'm excited about what Microsoft is doing because I see them allowing me to do all of this on a device that fits in my pocket. This is a sea change and I am looking forward to seeing where it leads.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #49
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
No i meant everything else. Why would I need Microsoft Access in order to do that?
If you're pairing it with a mouse, keyboard and monitor at work, it might need to run Access...
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #50
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I use Office on an HP Envy x2. It's doable, but not comfortable. And forget it if you don't have a mouse connected. Trying to do anything with your fingers inside any of those applications is a real pain in the buttcrack.
I wanted to generate a presentation on my Surface Pro yesterday.
I switched to the Metro version of OneNote instead to make use of the WACOM stylus.
In PowerPoint it hadn't been much fun and I didn't want to stick to mouse and keyboard alone.
I'd wish for Metro versions of the entire Office suite. But still: Better than what can be done on Android or iPad.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #51
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Do Windows tablets and phones use the same apps?
No, unfortunately not!
They seem to be easily portable, but there's no "one for all" as with iOS or Android (yet?).

Last edited by mgmueller; 07-07-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #52
wizwor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I'd wish for Metro versions of the entire Office suite.
I'm sure Office is getting touch updates even as we speak.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #53
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I checked out the W3 810 today at Staples.

I was browsing and the screen is beyond meh. I'll wait for other devices in this form factor.

The Office package was not installed. Is a product code included with the device so one can get access?
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:33 AM   #54
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Interesting!
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:10 AM   #55
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oG0yZLEPN_Y

This video is very funny and instructive, it shows what real multi-tasking can do and mobile OS's can't deliver.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #56
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oG0yZLEPN_Y

This video is very funny and instructive, it shows what real multi-tasking can do and mobile OS's can't deliver.
A lot of people have forgotten what full power machines can do, or perhaps they never knew.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #57
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
What I like about the Surface product is that it does everything I need to do in my personal and professional life. I'm excited about what Microsoft is doing because I see them allowing me to do all of this on a device that fits in my pocket. This is a sea change and I am looking forward to seeing where it leads.
The Sea Change already happened M$ is playing ketchup....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #58
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
The Sea Change already happened M$ is playing ketchup....
Absolutely correct!
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #59
mgmueller
Member Retired

New Acer Iconia W3 announced

There will be an update to the display.
The TN panel will be replaced by an IPS panel.
Rumor has it, availability will be September, for the IFA exhibition.
Price remains the same.
Not for me, I'm not into Acer and don't need 8" for a Windows tablet. But I guess, in general the market potential is huge.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #60
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
There will be an update to the display.
The TN panel will be replaced by an IPS panel.
Rumor has it, availability will be September, for the IFA exhibition.
Price remains the same.
Not for me, I'm not into Acer and don't need 8" for a Windows tablet. But I guess, in general the market potential is huge.
Speaking of Acer. I have long avoided them too, from the days when they were just a cheap product at Circuit City.

But, yesterday, my wife got her Acer C7 (4GB RAM, 320GB HDD) Chromebook from Amazon for $219, and I must say she is impressed. Me too.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote