Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for the book we'll read in March
The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo 2 4.26%
The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth 7 14.89%
Along Came a Spider by James Patterson 8 17.02%
The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad 5 10.64%
In The Woods by Tana French 7 14.89%
The Looking Glass War by John Le Carre 1 2.13%
The Snowman by Joe Nesbo 3 6.38%
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane 10 21.28%
The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris 1 2.13%
The Spies of Warsaw by Alan Furst 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #31
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I did check that option, but it doesn't affect moderators. If a non-mod tells me they can see the results before 02-25-2012 at 10:33 PM, then I must have messed up.
Sorry, after I posted that I figured that may be the issue.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #32
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I did check that option, but it doesn't affect moderators. If a non-mod tells me they can see the results before 02-25-2012 at 10:33 PM, then I must have messed up.
The results are hidden for me. So that's right.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #33
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Sorry, after I posted that I figured that may be the issue.

BOb
That's okay, BOb. Sometimes we forget our superpowers!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #34
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
Snowman was nominated first, I nominated Redbreast afterward unless I am mistaken.
If you're responding to my post, I was referring to their order in the series. Redbreast is earlier and had already been fully nominated when I accidentally seconded Snowman. I wouldn't have minded seconding Snowman otherwise except that another and earlier in the series was already going to the vote.

But like many detective series, the books in the series seem to each be pretty much independent stories, so really I'd be fine with either of them winning.

Last edited by sun surfer; 02-24-2012 at 04:46 PM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #35
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I went with Lehane in the end. I have him as an author I must read and I haven't partaken as of yet.

Only problem is that March is already a very full dance card for me already. I might not get to this until April.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The vote is hidden.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #37
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The vote is hidden.
True. That's why people post to say for whom they've voted.

ETA: Forgot to say that I voted for The Secret Agent.

Last edited by issybird; 02-25-2012 at 07:53 PM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #38
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The vote is hidden.
Thanks, Jon.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #39
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I feel like I'm the last man alive to have never read James Patterson, so I voted for him.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #40
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I feel like I'm the last man alive to have never read James Patterson, so I voted for him.
I can verify that you are not the last!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #41
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

And that's a wrap for the first round of voting. Looks like our choice for the run-off vote will be between Along Came a Spider by James Patterson and Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. I'll go put the voting poll up.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-25-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #42
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

The run-off vote poll is up and running:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170300

It closes on February 28 at 6:06 PM.