Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-24-2009, 03:50 AM   #1
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Want to buy Plustek OpticBook 3600

Sorry if this is the wrong place (please move if it is) but I couldn't think of anywhere suitable...

Anyway, as the title states, I would like to buy a Plustek OpticBook 3600.

First things first - I live in the UK...

The cheapest I have found this for is £149.99 (free P&P) from Play.com. The only problem is they will only post to my Billing Address - this makes it difficult when both my wife and I are at work - I really don't want to have to take holiday for a delivery! And the wife won't as she doesn't care!

So, I thought about whether I could buy this scanner on the high street. I have had a quick look on websites but couldn't find anywhere.

Does anybody know if this is available from any shops? I could try a best buy it

Many thanks,
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:53 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Amazon sell it. They'll happily ship to alternate addresses.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

Pixmania (http://www.pixmania.co.uk) has it for 175 pounds.

Good shopping,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

If I wait a month or so, I'll be available to take a delivery. Play have it at such a good price that I'm not willing to spend an extra £35 just to have it delivered to work. (they have £10 P&P)

£150 delivered is the best I can hope for so will buy from play.

Thank you anyway
Old 01-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Parcel delivery people normally leave a card if you're not in, and you can then collect it from their depot at your convenience.
Advert
Old 01-24-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
PieOPah
Addict

Just ordered from Play. They post with Parcel Force which should mean that I can have them send it to the post office for me to collect at my convenience (a walk rather than a drive).
Old 01-26-2009, 09:31 AM   #7
PieOPah
Addict

I am so glad that I ordered this on Saturday. I have just looked at the website and the price has jumped by £35 Bonus saving there...
Old 01-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Excellent timing!