Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 06-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Christie, Agatha: The Mysterious Affair at Styles v3.0 2007-12-19

Here is one of the best loved literary detectives. This is the first appearance of the great Hercule Poirot.

Quote:
Agatha Christie launches the legendary career of Hercule Poirot with this classic tale of intrigue. Did one of the Cavendish brothers poison their stepmother, Mrs. Iglethorp, or was it her new husband?
I hope everyone enjoys this classic mystery. Again like always, if you find any mistakes that I made or were made in the original file, please let me know so I can fix it.

Version 1.0 was viewed 145 times
Version 1.5 was viewed 174 times
Version 2.0 was viewed 9 times

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-23-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Moved to US server.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks - a classic!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad to do it. I think I read this a long long time ago. It's good for a reread for sure.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I didn't know her stuff was on PD?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

There is one other book on PG that I plan on doing sometime. I am surprised there isn't more. Maybe PG just has not gotten around to scanning them yet.
Advert
Old 06-13-2007, 02:30 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, there's only a VERY small amount of Agatha Christie in the PD.

In the US, where stuff published before 1923 is PD, there are a handful of her very early works. In the rest of the world, which has "life+50" or "life+70" copyrights, nothing is in the PD because she lived such a long life - she only died in 1976.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:41 AM   #7
branko
Connoisseur
branko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enough

Device: Palm Zire
There were two Christie's published before 1923, which means they are in the public domain in the US. One is a Hercules Poirot novel, the other a Tommy and Tuppence one. Both are worth reading; they are still a bit rough around the edges, but already classic Christie (IMNSHO).
branko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:52 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I will be doing the other Christie book later today. So look for that sometime soon.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #9
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Some errors in book

JSWolf, your effort in this book formating has been excellent. However you missed most of the italics (_italics here_) and there are some graphics missing - maps, etc. Thanks for your effort and I have been enjoying this novel on my trip to Boston and Cambridge.
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I can't fix the missing graphics as they did not come with the book. But yes, I'll go back and have a look at the italics.

The italics are fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-14-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:52 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've reposted this ebook with my current formatting, I rthink it does look better. Takes less pages and saves battery life.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #12
akiburis
Connoisseur
akiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505, iLiad Book Edition
For your title page, you seem to have reproduced the cover of the "Agatha Christie Collection" edition of the novel. Isn't that, presumably, under copyright by the publisher of the Agathie Christie Collection, even if the novel is in the public domain?
akiburis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:06 AM   #13
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I can't fix the missing graphics as they did not come with the book.
If it's any help, the Bartleby version has images; e.g. Chapter 4:

http://www.bartleby.com/112/4.html

UPDATE:
Ooops, there are "Terms of Use" at Bartleby, so I'm not sure you could use their images.

Last edited by Sparrow; 12-19-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:15 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I am in the process of cleaning the text up. I'm adding in the pictures and I've changed the cover image. Plus I am fixing up the italics and accents. I'll have a new version in all three formats up soon.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:32 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I have uploaded a new version with images, fixed italics and fixed accents, and a changed cover page.