Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 01:04 AM   #16
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Adept.

http://books.google.com/help/ebooks/ereader.html

and it has "No download files included. " between the price and "buy now" if it cannot be downloaded. 2 of Stieg Larsens books are listed this way

http://books.google.com/ebooks?id=Uv...6kM5XaNpr94a4N

while the third is not

http://books.google.com/ebooks?id=AZ...6kM5XaNpr94a4N
AS far as I can tell, both of those links look identical, and neither says "no download files included." There is nothing visible between the price and buy now button. I looked at all the Stieg Larson trilogy, and they all look the same way. Firefox 3.5.4.

I still don't see a way to tell if the file can't be downloaded. (but until I get a reader that deals better with epub, I don't much care, either.)
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:08 AM   #17
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV64 View Post
Meh, nothing new there. I could already download e-books from them (lesser known public domain books). Otherwise, newer stuff is all the same price across the board so there's no need for more ebook stores.
Being outside USA I can't even download their public domain books - only read online. As I can get the public domain stuff elsewhere (and usually a lot better formatted) I'm afraid they have lost my interest already.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:19 AM   #18
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV64 View Post
Meh, nothing new there. I could already download e-books from them (lesser known public domain books). Otherwise, newer stuff is all the same price across the board so there's no need for more ebook stores.
I was at a seminar for eBook retailers in September this year and the GoogleGuy implied that they want to take over the planet. Eventually they'll update retailer's sites, anyone at all, to have a google purchase button similar to PayPal. The idea is to extend into as many places as possible and take a cut.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:30 AM   #19
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
AS far as I can tell, both of those links look identical, and neither says "no download files included." There is nothing visible between the price and buy now button. I looked at all the Stieg Larson trilogy, and they all look the same way. Firefox 3.5.4.
I see the "no download files included", using Firefox 3.6.10.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:08 AM   #20
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Yay - Google now lets me download their free content (this is for outside USA). Maybe they read this forum
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #21
Kitabi
Connoisseur
Kitabi is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I don't.

Using Firefox 3.6.12. Same with IE 8.
Kitabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #22
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I don't see it with IE8.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:02 AM   #23
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Maybe it is discriminating based on geographic location?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #24
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I'm using Chrome and I don't see anything about buying or downloading. I must be doing something wrong. Can someone post a screenshot?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #25
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
screen shot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gebooks1.png
Views:	272
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	62446  
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #26
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
screen shot
Thankyou! This is what I see.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GBooks_Screenshot1.PNG
Views:	263
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	62447  
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #27
Kitabi
Connoisseur

And this is what I see

Name:	gbooks.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	62448
Old 12-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #28
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
One of the challenges for Google Books consumers is search (ironically since that's supposed to be Google's strong suit). I'd like to be able to restrict search to books that do offer download, or those within a give price range, or what have you. But the web interface won't let me do that.

Well, this is v1.0 (if that). A lot of tire-kicking yet to be done by all parties.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #29
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Wetdog I assume that's because you are in Vancouver and buying is restricted to the US at the moment.

Kitabi are you in the US?

edit- I cleared my cookies and checked again. I no longer have that disclaimer either for any Stieg Larsen books. They must have updated between when i first checked and when kitabi checked.

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 12-07-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #30
Kitabi
Connoisseur

yes, in the US.

So, did anyone check if these books are now downloadable or if Google has just yanked the warning?

Tags
ebook, google, store