Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-29-2006, 06:45 AM   #1
lordvetinari2
Zealot
lordvetinari2 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi & Galaxy Note
Howdy from Valencia (Spain)

Hello my name is Jordi and I am from Valencia. Blimey, that sounds as if I were an -holic!

I have been reading these boards for some months now, happily lurking along. I thought it time to introduce myself already, so here I am.

I originally found this while googling for "ebook devices", and I must say that it is the best source on ebooks by far. Congrats!

Since May I am living in Shanghai, so it is really tempting to just go to a store and buy a Jinke V8. I will be here until the July, 20th, so who knows? I might not be able to resist for long.

I currently do not own any ebooks, I just buy pbooks because I do not have a dedicated device. Patience.

That's it, pleased to come out of the closet!
lordvetinari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:46 AM   #2
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
weclome to the forums!
It's nice to have a fellow Pratchett fan here btw...at least I assume you are a Pratchett fan because your name indicates that quite strongly...^^

If you do decide to buy a V8, make sure that you can get the modified software with better support for european languages...unless you don't mind reading in chinese...

btw. you have a really ultracool (sorry for that word) new opera house in Valencia...maybe (it's unlikely...) I'll get a job there some day...in the Orchestra...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2006, 10:36 PM   #3
lordvetinari2
Zealot

Yes, I am 100% a Pratchett fan.

I am news editor at "El Puercoespín" (The Hedgehog), THE DW Spanish letter (1500 subscribers so far). I have also subbed into Spanish both Wyrd Sisters and Soul Music, for the 1st and 2nd Spanish DW Conventions (more like meet-ups, really) and am currently working on Johnny and the Bomb.

It is a pity that there is only Thud! available as an e-book, tho. I guess when I finally get an e-book device I'll still have to buy the p-books and obtain e-books by other means. Ehem. Poor trees.

Yes, Valencia has been heavily developing these last years. I don't approve of lots of things, tho. It's all a façade, making it all nice and pretty for tourists and real estate developers. House pricing is insane in East Spain (30 year mortgages already and people start buying at 30-35 yo), and that should be a priority. There's always place for opera houses, museums and the like, but it's no good if it means you are only doing it for land speculation.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:27 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Welcome Jordi. Glad you found us
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:07 AM   #5
lordvetinari2
Zealot

CommanderROR: I don't know if you are still here, but do you remember what I told you about pharaonic constructions in Valencia? Well, there is always money for a new Opera House, for a Science and Arts Museum, to organize the America's Cup, to bring the Pope here. But when it comes to renew the old underground trains (some of those convoys are 20 yo), it turns out there is no money left. The result? 40+ dead, dozens injured.

Don't ask me why we keep voting for the same sick politicians, because I don't really know. Lots of morons around I guess, just like in the States.
Advert
Old 07-04-2006, 07:16 AM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I think that is the problem everywhere...here in Germany it's always a problem of choice when it comes to elections...you can choose between the bad and the worse...so actually it isn't really worthwhile to vote anyway because it basically just boils down to the same in the end.

i'm afraid that most european countries and the US as well would need some really radical government that has the courage to actually address the problems instead of pushing things around on the plate and not changing much for good or bad...only the public opinion and the next election are important...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote