My house - North Balwyn 8 100.00%
Grand Hyatt in CBD 1 12.50%
Fed Square - one of the coffee shops 1 12.50%
Other???? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
nigeldb
email tragic
nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Cybook, iPhone
Exclamation Melbourne Sun October 25th, 2pm to 4pm

Hi all,

Sorry about diappearing for a while.

How about meet up Sun October 25th, 2pm to 4pm. I can offer my house in North Balwyn. We are on a tram line and just off the Eastern Freeway. If the house is OK, I can send out the address by Private message and hopefully everyone will get it.

Koko Black in CBD is closed on Sunday, any other sugestions?
The Grand Hyatt?
Federation Square?

Nigel db
nigeldb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:45 AM   #2
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Yay! Nigeldb, Melbourne's poll expert, is back online - We missed you!

I'm happy with just about any CBD or Eastern subs venue, thanks.

That date suits me fine, but I can be flexible before then, too (I'm a bit tied up through Nov & Dec, though)

Edit: I checked with Julie and she's available on this date, too.

Last edited by cbell; 08-25-2009 at 02:02 AM.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #3
forcheville
Zealot
forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs650, Boox M92, Samsung Slate 7
I'll keep this one in mind and hope to make it there.
btw How do you do PMs on this site?
forcheville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:54 AM   #4
millydog
Connoisseur
millydog doesn't littermillydog doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone X, iPad Pro
I'm interested in coming again. Thanks for offering for us to meet at your house Nigel.

Jodi
millydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #5
nigeldb
email tragic
nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Exclamation How to send a PM (Private Messsage)

Go to the top of the page and just under the Mobileread logo, you should see "User CP" in the blue bar.

Click on this and you shoudl go to your "User Control Panel" and on the left hand side, there will be a panel marked "Your Control Panel"

Scroll down and you should see "Private Messages" and under that "Send new message"

Click on "Send new message" and a message box will open up. Just enter peoples userid's (e.f. nigeldb) and it should find them, i.e. appear below with a blue line underneath.

Hope this helps

Nigel db
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 01:47 AM   #6
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
The selcetd date suits me fine, I am happy to meet wherever. Nth Balwyn is fine.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:53 AM   #7
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I'm free that weekend. Actually, my birthday is the day after so I could stay longer and celebrate in Melbourne.
And by then I'll have built up my account after giving a lot of it to DADirect recently. :-)
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
nigeldb
email tragic

Another way to send Private messages

Hey, just found another way to send Private messages....if you move your mouse over to someones userid in the box on the left of their posts, a drop down menu pops up!!

Neat shortcut

Nigel db
Old 08-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #9
roytravis
Enthusiast
roytravis is on a distinguished road

Device: hanlin
October 25 is good for me at Balwyn
roytravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:35 AM   #10
Redimech
Nameless Being

Oct 25, 2-4pm is good for me at Balwyn. N!
Old 09-07-2009, 03:05 AM   #11
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
I'm free that weekend. Actually, my birthday is the day after so I could stay longer and celebrate in Melbourne.
Nice! My birthday is the Saturday of that weekend. October 25th works great for me and I'm happy with whichever location we choose.

Last edited by RobbieClarken; 09-07-2009 at 03:10 AM.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:08 AM   #12
nigeldb
email tragic

Hope everyone has got the address

Hi

Hope I have PM'ed (Private messaged) everyone my address.

Please contact me if you haven't got it
and if you do have it, please, please, please don't post it in the public forum

Nigel db
Old 10-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #13
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'm coming to Melbourne! Sadly, I will be returning to the U.S. on the 24th and will be busy my entire stay there. I just knew this would happen. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy Melbourne MR Meet-up II: Once Is Never Enough!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #14
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Oh, no! You'll miss out on the meetup by one day - what bad timing!

You'll love Melbourne - I couldn't imagine living anywhere else
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
melbourne meetup