Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #16
crt
Enthusiast
crt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle keyboard, PocketBook Pro 912 (black), T62D with Gonyx
Thanks. I decided to send it back to their service center.
crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #17
crt
Enthusiast
crt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle keyboard, PocketBook Pro 912 (black), T62D with Gonyx
Update for my Pro 912: I sent to the service center in Germany. After 9 working days, where the reported state was that it could not be repaired due to missing spare parts, I sent couple of e-mails to both the vendor and pocketbook international. The head of the customer service in Ukraine (a very polite lady) answered and I saw that the status changed to something like the device is thrown away and a replacement is awaited to be sent to me. After another ~10 days the new device was reported received at the repair/service center in Germany and then shipped to me. Unfortunately something happened with the courier service in Germany and the device was stalled for a couple of days. Another set of e-mails and another polite reply. In the mean time the courier reported that the device was finally forwarded and arrived 3 days ago.
I charged it using a Desktop PC overnight, but the orange light was still blinking in the morning of the following day. I took the plunge and tested the device for some time with my pdfs and no 'whitening/blanching' problem seemed to appear. Note that the device was already fitted with the latest firmware (odd thing: in the status line a downward arrow appears). I connected to Wikipedia with WiFi (terribly slow to download and display a page), but still no problems. So far, so good. I even asked for a compensation (the money I paid for shipping the old device to the repair center) and after e-mailing a scanned copy of the receipt, my PayPal account was credited with the respective amount. Mrs Oksana Kolomients (although obviously very busy) was very polite and as helpful as possible (I presume) under the circumstances. I feel I must credit her.
Hope things keep on well with the replacement device.
crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2013, 04:41 AM   #18
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
I charged it using a Desktop PC overnight, but the orange light was still blinking in the morning of the following day .... (odd thing: in the status line a downward arrow appears).
The LED behaviour (red, orange, blinking, off) is still a mystery with PB readers. Nobody seems to understand neither what it does exactly nor what it is supposed to do

The downward arrow activates "Obreey Sync", a function to synchronize reading progress between PB devices/apps (similar to Kindle, only with content bought in Obreey-shop). Never bought there, never tried it, on the Touch you can deselect it in "Settings -> Appearance"
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen screen, pocketbook 912 firmware, update problems