Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
lindaw2396
lindaw2396 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, iPad, Android smartphone, Kindle
url link checker needed

I'm looking for a URL link checker, java preferred, that I could add to my .bat file created to run epubcheck. Or, I could run it on a command line to run through a copy of all the html files I have in my epub. We have a large number of URLs in our content and I have them hyperlinked in the ebook. The only problem is that after a few months, the data is old and urls have changed. Any ideas? I've looked at the HTML Link Validator from cnet and am looking at now the Web Link Validator from REL software (which has a high price tag). I want the link checker to generate a report, similar to the epubcheck. It should give me the line number in the HTML file and print out the URL that fails. A person unfamiliar with HTML will find the correct URLs using that report and a person familiar with HTML will make the corrections. If anyone has a better idea or knows of other software I'd appreciate hearing about it. Thanks!
lindaw2396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You could check out this.
http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html#Description

There are many entries under a Google search for link checker.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
lindaw2396
lindaw2396 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, iPad, Android smartphone, Kindle
I know and I'm looking at a few. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of them.
lindaw2396 is offline   Reply With Quote