Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
einpoklum
einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PocketBook 912
'striped'/'ghosted' display after firmware update of 912

I just got my new PB 912 today. As the device suggested, I proceeded to look for the latest firmware. There was no 912 page for Israel/Palestine, so I went to the /us page. Downloaded both the 2.1.2 and 2.1.3 firmware updates. I tried 2.1.3 first. It seemed to go ok, except for the "Unknown image type: s" message. However, after the update, something is wrong with the display. It's as though it's partly faded and striped; and it doesn't get refreshed properly, i.e. there seems to be ghosting of the previous page (and I made sure to choose full-page update always). I tried downgrading to 2.1.2. Again, seems to work with the "Unknown image" message. But I see the same thing. Unfortunately, I did not keep track of my original firmware version.

What do I do?

Update: I powered-off yesterday, and turned it on today, and the problem was gone. But after working with it a bit, transferring some files from my PC etc it was back!

I'm still pretty sure it's a software rather than a hardware issue.

Last edited by einpoklum; 09-01-2012 at 04:02 AM.
einpoklum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
einpoklum
einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Here is an example of the problem - a web page loaded, but the text is faded / shows stripes.
Advert
Old 09-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
Same problem. In my case I noticed it's maybe related to wifi/3G use.
I see your wifi was on. Try using it without active connections for a while and see what happens.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=277

Last edited by preempalver; 09-01-2012 at 06:31 AM.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
einpoklum

It also happens when the WiFi is off. Plus, what if I want to browse the web? Gotta be connected to do that... :-(
Old 09-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
einpoklum

Seems to be resolved if you install firmware from here:

http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23199

or from here:

http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f...libri_user.zip

second link is due to 'Bill' from PocketBook USA, first link due to the person who sold it to me and reads the Russian forum...
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 02:34 AM   #6
einpoklum

Spoke too soon. After a while I see this issue again (although perhaps not as serious? Can't say for certain.)
Old 09-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
Roytl
Roytl began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 912
Hi !
I have the exact problem as you had. Tell me- did you success to repair it ? can you tell me what to do ?!
It's really frustrating me because as I opened my new 912 I followed the orders that tells you to update to the latest firmware. the update succeed but the patient died- I can't read books with it because the screen seems to corrupt or something.
Anyone can help ?

Thanks
Roytl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:30 AM   #8
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Please try the following firmware version:

http://download.pocketbook-int.com/T...fault_user.zip
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #9
Roytl
Roytl began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 912
Hi.
Thanks for the respond- I tried it, it isn't working.
I tried both links that einpoklum gave- nothing working...
Maybe the device faulty (don't know why- it's brand new).

Is there something else I can do to solve the problem
before I return it to the store?

Roy

Last edited by Roytl; 09-26-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Roytl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #10
little_paul
little_paul began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook pro 912
little_paul

Hi,
I have pocketbook pro 912 and I had exactly the same problem regardless of the firmware I tried. Then I let the pocketbook charge for 12 hours ignoring the led control and... it is fixed so now I think it was because of low battery. however, the other thing I noticed is that the pocketbook is really slow with notes application, especially highlighting - anyone encountered similar problem?
little_paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #11
little_paul
little_paul began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook pro 912
Unhappy spoke too soon as well

hm, spoke to soon as well - the fading is back again, still I think it's connected to the power consumption/processor activity...really hope it's software related
little_paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #12
memcacher
memcacher began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903 + 912
Same problem here, are there already any solutions? I also sent a msg to the support, hope to get a answer soon
memcacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #13
vrana23
vrana23 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 912
how did you resovle, or how did company resolve that problem? i have similar problem with brand new pocket book 912, horizontal stripes, low contrast, cannot read anythign, i have tried firmware update and also patch mentioned above, nothing seems to work.
vrana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 AM   #14
einpoklum

I 'resolved' it by returning my PB 912 to the vendor and getting a PB 902 in working order...