Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Thumbs up Write or Die

I thought I would share a link someone sent me http://writeordie.com

There's a free web version you can use on the site, an app to use, or you can buy the desktop version, which is what I ended up doing. I've just been having so much fun using this program and I feel like it's worth more than the $10 I spent.

Here's the blurb:

Write or Die kills Writer's Block.

Write or Die is a new kind of writing productivity application that forces you to write by providing consequences for distraction and procrastination.

As long as you keep typing, you're fine, but if you become distracted, punishment will ensue. Everything is configurable, name your word goal, time goal and preferred punishment, then start writing! Once you're done, export your writing to Dropbox, Email, Clipboard or Text file.

You can choose an MP3 to use, or it comes with its own annoying sounds. You can challenge other people or just give yourself a self-imposed word goal. Then at the end, you can click to Tweet your word count, or if you're making a blog or LJ post you can have WoD publish it for you, though I haven't tried that yet.

There's no spellchecker or anything like that, so it's not a standalone writing program. What I've been doing is writing until my time runs out, then copying and pasting my writing into Scrivener. That or it can create text files you can export into whatever program.

So far it's been pretty great to me. I spend less time going back trying to edit as I write, and just writing.
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote