Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
greycobalt
greycobalt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Removing headers/page numbers

Yes, I have tried to read tutorials, and I've done all manner of Google searches on the issue, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out. I'm completely inept when it comes to HTML and strings and phrases and all the good stuff.

I have a book in PDF format that lists the book title and the author on alternating pages (every 3 pages or so on my Kindle). Along with that, it also lists the page number. What on earth do I type into that box to get the conversion to remove them? I'm turning the books into MOBI format, no idea if that has any bearing on it at all. But yeah, I'm completely lost, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated. And remember, I'm a total moron when it comes to the actual code, so the least technical explanation possible would be best. Thanks!
greycobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:16 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
What you need to know is not so much HTML, but regular expressions. I don't know if you've already read that, but the Calibre manual contains a tutorial that aims to explain them in a non-technical matter.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
What you need to know is not so much HTML, but regular expressions. I don't know if you've already read that, but the Calibre manual contains a tutorial that aims to explain them in a non-technical matter.
Thank you. I wondered what a regular expression was. I have since learned that there is nothing regular about it, and it is now as clear as mud.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The "regular" comes from something out of theoretical computer sciences. If you want to, ask chaley to elaborate, I believe he might be able to.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote