Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #16
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
must... resist... gadget... lust... ! must... not... roll... shiny... dice... !! (or whatever that expression is)
Fail save against shiny.

Abou the Métro part, I agree, it is a very useful program to have on a PDA.
Even for the map of my own city, which less complex than Paris.
When the subway line you need is stopped and you have to take the bus, you are grateful for it !
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Fail save against shiny.

Abou the Métro part, I agree, it is a very useful program to have on a PDA.
Even for the map of my own city, which less complex than Paris.
When the subway line you need is stopped and you have to take the bus, you are grateful for it !
arg !! stop it !!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #18
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
arg !! stop it !!!!
Move to the countryside, Zelda. No metro, no buses, no need for a PDA
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
you don't understand : i don't actually *need* one here either. but i *want* one, just so i can put the Métro app on it and look at all the pretty maps. (i actually have a paper map of the paris métro built in to my agenda, and there are public maps in every station and every train car. i don't care, i still want it !!)
Old 01-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel

besides, i like the city. i'm about to go jump in the métro right now to go to Le Cube to see an expo of stunningly brilliant Semiconductor. can't do that in the country side !
Old 01-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #21
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Now Jellby, don't you know that the suburbs/countyside are the bucket of water (my pretty...) for Queen Z?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #22
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Now Jellby, don't you know that the suburbs/countyside are the bucket of water (my pretty...) for Queen Z?
Old 01-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #23
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The Wicked Witch in the movie The Wizard of Oz...Not that I think you're either evil or a witch, just that a City is your natural habitat, and you might melt if you left it....
Old 01-16-2009, 10:31 AM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
The Wicked Witch in the movie The Wizard of Oz...Not that I think you're either evil or a witch, just that a City is your natural habitat, and you might melt if you left it....
oh right ! hee. well, i can leave for vacation. just as long as i can come back to it. and just as long as i don't leave it too far behind. le cube is in the suburbs and i'm currently muttering to myself about how farking long i'm going to spend in the public transports to get there. damned suburbs.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #25
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
oh right ! hee. well, i can leave for vacation. just as long as i can come back to it. and just as long as i don't leave it too far behind. le cube is in the suburbs and i'm currently muttering to myself about how farking long i'm going to spend in the public transports to get there. damned suburbs.
Hey! Those are my native habitat! Concrete and crowds drive me crazy... (Of course, I was raised with access (on a monthly or more frequent basis) to a ranch in an area where the total population was less than 1,000 for an area of 90 by 120 Kilometers.)
Old 01-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #26
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Weren't you that woman extolling the virtues of the Parisian public transport system?
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:45 AM   #27
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
but i *want* one, just so i can put the Métro app on it and look at all the pretty maps.
You are saved !
There are no maps on the Metro app as I remember it.
You can input the start and arrival points, select a time, and unselect the lines that you don't want to / can't take.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #28
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Weren't you that woman extolling the virtues of the Parisian public transport system?
yes, yes, the parisian transport system is brilliant. it's the suburbs which are annoyingly far away and inconveniently situated. try to keep up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
You are saved !
There are no maps on the Metro app as I remember it.
You can input the start and arrival points, select a time, and unselect the lines that you don't want to / can't take.
stop it, i'm drooling now.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Hey! Those are my native habitat! Concrete and crowds drive me crazy... (Of course, I was raised with access (on a monthly or more frequent basis) to a ranch in an area where the total population was less than 1,000 for an area of 90 by 120 Kilometers.)
make no mistake, i don't like crowds either. but i don't spend much time in the really crowded parts of the city. and in the meantime, i have 6 or 8 bakeries within a 2 street radius of my appartment, as many four seasons shops, probably twice as many cafés, nearly as many parks for when i want some green grass, concerts, circuses and ballets coming regularly from all over the world, libraries, galeries, museums, shops, friends within walking distance or a short métro ride away, nearly everything within walking distance or a short métro ride away in fact (except for the damned suburbs)... i could go on.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #30
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
make no mistake, i don't like crowds either. but i don't spend much time in the really crowded parts of the city. and in the meantime, i have 6 or 8 bakeries within a 2 street radius of my appartment, as many four seasons shops, probably twice as many cafés, nearly as many parks for when i want some green grass, concerts, circuses and ballets coming regularly from all over the world, libraries, galeries, museums, shops, friends within walking distance or a short métro ride away, nearly everything within walking distance or a short métro ride away in fact (except for the damned suburbs)... i could go on.
I am insanely jealous.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote