Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Arc
Looping/Crashing Tapestries fix.

Hey all.

This isn't for everyone.

We have found an issue where people who at one point disabled Discovery, this has caused a cache issue that happens when updating to Jelly Bean.

To fix this, you need to reset Tapestries.

This is not a factory reset.

All of your media, apps, saves etc. will still be there but all of the Tapestries will be set to default.

Here's how:
  1. Got to 'Settings"
  2. Go to 'Apps'
  3. Swipe to 'All'
  4. Scroll and select 'Tapestries'
  5. Tap on 'Clear data'.
  6. Redo your Tapestries.

I can't and won't say this will work for sure but it has worked with all of the devices we have tested.

Hope that helps!

Robin
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Yep. It's stopped the crashing. Glad it was found...

Last edited by JD Gumby; 04-11-2013 at 07:52 AM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Arc
Awesome!
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
Brisen
Brisen began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch, arc, mini
I tried that in the past when tapestries was crashing, and it just kept on crashing. I have a different launcher now, and tapestries mostly works when I go back to using it, but it is slower than the other launcher, and it seems glitchy now. If I'm in a tapestry and tap on something, and then tap back to get into the same tapestry to find something else, it takes me home instead of back where I was. I have lots of tapestries in other tapestries, so it might take me 3 or 4 taps and then waiting for the tapestry to load each time. It's annoying and the main reason I don't use tapestries now.
Brisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #5
Jeff B
Jeff B began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo-Robin View Post
Hey all.

This isn't for everyone.

We have found an issue where people who at one point disabled Discovery, this has caused a cache issue that happens when updating to Jelly Bean.

To fix this, you need to reset Tapestries.

This is not a factory reset.

All of your media, apps, saves etc. will still be there but all of the Tapestries will be set to default.

Here's how:
  1. Got to 'Settings"
  2. Go to 'Apps'
  3. Swipe to 'All'
  4. Scroll and select 'Tapestries'
  5. Tap on 'Clear data'.
  6. Redo your Tapestries.

I can't and won't say this will work for sure but it has worked with all of the devices we have tested.

Hope that helps!

Robin
Hi Robin,

I seem to be having this problem and want to try this fix. When you say that Tapestries will be set to default do you mean that everything that I pinned will be gone?

I have a lot of web pages pinned that I don't want to have to try to look for again. Is there any way to back up the tapestries before I do this so that I can avoid having to lose all of my pinned web sites.

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:56 PM   #6
seanythedream
seanythedream began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc, Rooted, 4.1.1 JB
Hi there,

I'm running the Jellybean stock on the Arc. I've switched to Nova since Day One, but I did occasionally use it. Tried Force Stopping, Clear Data, and I've factory reset it thrice (not for this purpose, but still)

If you need any more details, just ask.
seanythedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:58 PM   #7
seanythedream
seanythedream began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc, Rooted, 4.1.1 JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
Hi Robin,

I seem to be having this problem and want to try this fix. When you say that Tapestries will be set to default do you mean that everything that I pinned will be gone?

I have a lot of web pages pinned that I don't want to have to try to look for again. Is there any way to back up the tapestries before I do this so that I can avoid having to lose all of my pinned web sites.

Thanks,
Jeff
Haha, sorry if you've moved on from these forms but, yes, it will delete all your pins. But better to have Tapestries with no pins than no Tapestries period!
seanythedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:05 AM   #8
Jeff B
Jeff B began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanythedream View Post
Haha, sorry if you've moved on from these forms but, yes, it will delete all your pins. But better to have Tapestries with no pins than no Tapestries period!
Yeah, I had to do the fix that deleted all my pins. Irritating and shortsighted of kobo to not have a band means of backing them up.

The kobo works again but I rarely pin anything anymore because I don't trust tapestries to hold onto anything.
Jeff B is offline   Reply With Quote