Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Softroot for Version 1.3.0 available

You can find the packaged 1.3.0 softRoot here:

http://nookdevs.com/New_Softroot

According to the B&N website 1.3.0 brings the following:

NOOK V1.3 improves performance while adding great new features. Key updates include:
  • Read in Store: While in any Barnes & Noble store you can read complete eBooks.
  • Games: Play Chess against NOOK with one of three levels of difficulty. Or get puzzled with Sudoku, choosing from four levels of play.
  • Wi-Fi: Connect to more Wi-Fi® hotspots and log in with ease. Plus, we've added Wi-Fi® to NOOK's home menu for super-fast access.
  • Web browser (Beta): Connect to Wi-Fi® and explore the Web on NOOK's E-Ink® display. Use the color touchscreen to navigate your favorite sites and type in URLs with NOOK's virtual keyboard.
  • Updated home screen: From the home menu (located on the color touch screen), get easy, direct access to existing features including Wi-Fi® settings and Audio, as well as new features such as Games and the Web Browser.
  • Additional improvements to optimize NOOK's performance.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/s...g-your-library
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
Cannot get it to run. I followed the instructions. But if I push the right upper turn page key and the top button. The update starts and it says
Mounting partitions (or something similar) than it says
Checking for Updates in the touch screen and the little blue line is ca. 1"

Than after a short while, the touchscreen turns black and the screen flashes twice, stays blank for a little while. Than an extremly short time I can read the Update message on the screen, it turns white again and the normal booting starts.

Is the update file corrupted?

Last edited by mos; 04-23-2010 at 11:40 AM.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Kypt
Connoisseur
Kypt began at the beginning.

Device: nook, Kindle 3
Mine's working properly. Haven't had much chance to play with it but don't see much of a difference at this time.
Kypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
abjdiat
Enthusiast
abjdiat began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
just updated mine, didn't take long,
I did notice faster turn pages, faster pdf books opening time and adding "extra "large font size,
the web browser is a nice addition but not what we were waiting for,,,no folders no book covers for "My documents" but I hope we might see these in future updates
abjdiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Working fine.
Even have been able to switch to my German SIM as before.
Now trying to figure out how to set the time correctly...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2010, 01:45 AM   #6
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Working fine.
Even have been able to switch to my German SIM as before.
Now trying to figure out how to set the time correctly...
Hi,
does the Nook new browser can work with your local SIM (in addition to wifi)?
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:38 AM   #7
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Wokrs now too on mine, I found out, that my computer renames the file and added a 1 on the end. After renaming it, the update worked.

I hope that the My Libary function will work again in the near future, since I always use the Trook library for reading. Right now it jumps back in the main menu.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:07 AM   #8
madmak
madmak began at the beginning.

Device: nook
NookLibrary is not working. it exits back to home screen. I tried redownloading from Nookdevs via trook but it does not install (gives error: customlibrary cannot be installed). Any fix to this issue?
madmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:12 AM   #9
mos
Addict

They are working on it. On the Nookdevs site, they said, that it is not working at the moment.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:58 AM   #10
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I too installed the new version. Is there anyway to add the new features(games, wifi button, bn web browser) to the nooklauncher menu *with* proper icons? I only seem to get the default gear looking icons for any of the new features. Not a big deal really was just kind of annoying me. lol

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #11
mos
Addict

You can see the regular B&N Menu, if you tap on the B&N home button. Than you have the whole new B&N menu, but without the Nooklauncher modification
Old 04-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #12
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos View Post
You can see the regular B&N Menu, if you tap on the B&N home button. Than you have the whole new B&N menu, but without the Nooklauncher modification
Thanks for the response, but I was hoping to be able to see the icons in the nook launcher menu. No biggie, I am sure nookdevs will add it in at some point.
ould is offline   Reply With Quote