Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
markiehill
Connoisseur
markiehill doesn't littermarkiehill doesn't litter

Digital Editions Tip

I was wondering what forum to put this in... since I have a PRS505 I decided on here.

I am always worried about losing any of my epub purchases and am pretty good at syncing them a USB drive. However what I really wanted to do was have dropbox automatically sync my ebooks online ....

I checked if Digital Editions allows you to specify where your epub files are located, seems however it really wants them to be in

C:\Users\user name\Documents\My Digital Editions

This is no good for dropbox (at least in its default install).

So the question was how can we trick Digital Editions into thinking the files are there but storing them somewhere else on the drive ?

I did a quick search and discovered that there is a command called mklink which allows you to create a symbolic link in windows , similar to linux.

by using this command i was able to create a link to the new location of the files.

mklink /d "c:\users\user name\My Documents\My Digital Editions" "c:\users\user name\My Documents\My DropBox\My Digital Editions"

hope this helps somebody else.

Mark
markiehill is offline   Reply With Quote