Notices

Old 09-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
bigmoney
Connoisseur
bigmoney doesn't litterbigmoney doesn't litter

Device: BeBook w/ OpenInkpot
"A new network interface has been detected" when connecting my BeBook to my Mac

Hi there,

Lately I get the message "a new network interface has been detected" whenever I connect my BeBook running OpenInkpot to my Mac, and so I can't access the reader as an USB device, it seems to think it's some sort of network device.

Any tips? I've searched all over the web but didn't find anything that seems to help.
bigmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
This is the expected behavior. Under OpenInkPot the BeBook's filesystems are not exported via USB but rather USB networking is used with SSH to allow access to the entire device. This is more flexible, but SSH isn't as mainstream as USB filesystems. I'm don't know what SSH software is best for the Mac, but I'm sure it is available.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
This is the expected behavior. Under OpenInkPot the BeBook's filesystems are not exported via USB but rather USB networking is used with SSH to allow access to the entire device. This is more flexible, but SSH isn't as mainstream as USB filesystems. I'm don't know what SSH software is best for the Mac, but I'm sure it is available.
Fugu for the Mac seems to be very similar to WinSCP on Windows. Both are a GUI shells for file copy via SSH. WinSCP (and Fugu ?) makes file copy via SSH a snap using a Norton Commander style dual pane GUI interface.

Fugu:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15693

WinSCP:
http://winscp.net/eng/index.php
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beebook, mac, openinkpot, usb