Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
kmvargo
kmvargo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Lightbulb Issues Editing Titles & Authors

I'm not sure if this is where this should be listed or is allowed due to what this program does but here goes.

When I bought my Sony 505, I just dumped a bunch of PDFs and eBooks on it to see how it was (great) and to see how much it could hold (a boat load). Recently I wasn't happy with the way Titles were listed as some were displayed cyrpticly and it was difficult to know what the books were. I erased everything on the 505, installed Calibre and started to organize and edit the Metadata of my books to make them more organized. When I started loading them back on the 505, may were still cryptic. I soon discovered that even though I though I was editing the PDFs correctly that many were protected and pulling their Metadata from the properties of the files which could not be edited due to protection. After a few hours search and trial & error, I discovered an inexpensive program that would unprotect my files, edit their properties and allow me to organize them with Calibre. The program I bought was A-PDF Restrictions Remover 15 day trial or $10). It's allowing me to edit my 'The Shadow' PDF books and fix some that won't transfer due to weird or corrupt characters in the property titles.

Here is the link if anyone is interested -
http://www.a-pdf.com/security/restrictions_remover.htm
Hope this helps others out if the run into the same issues I did.
kmvargo is offline   Reply With Quote